Negative things about this Voom purchase

Well I still have my 10 ft C-band /Ku dish mounted and is still active receiving both C band, KU with a 4DTV receiver. (another Motorola product) Wonder it that could be used for the AMC bird with perhaps just a switch of LNB's or connecting a VOOM receiver. I have not a technocrat but I know enough to make me dangerous. Also to get out of the way of the guys who know their stuff like some of you.

Interested in knowing what you guys think about that. ICEBERG?

I guess a another larger dish to my collection will not hurt anything. I use old Primestar dishes for FTA. Also on the second pic you will notice the 30" dish I use for Voom. It is mounted above a Dish Network 18" dish also pointed at the 61.5 orbital slot. I believe the 30" dish in that pic might work for AMC 6. I would have to do some experiments to see if it would.

Attachments

• MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 207
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 199
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 194
screech said:
If FSS=Ku then maybe those of us with BUDs can find a use for them instead of knocking down more trees around the house. :eek:

If you have just a C-band lnb on your BUD you will need to upgrade to a Ku band lnb combo. Then you can use your BUD :D.
A Bud will get GREAT Ku reception

rtt2 said:
Sean I agree that there will be an agreemet between Rainbow Media and VOOM. But this will now be a contratual work done between the two companies where VOOM pays for the Rainbow services.
The Dolan Family controls 75% of Cablevision. Why do you assume VOOM HD LLC will have to pay 1 cent for Rainbow Media programming? For all we know, access to free/inexpensive programming (WE, IFC, AMC, etc.) may be part of the Dolan's overall severance package. Also, there may be reciprocal programming agreements in place between Rainbow Media and VOOM LLC HD (21 HD Exclusives) - a little tit for tat. We just don't know and we probably never will.

"In that case, TAT!"
~Benny Hill

Indy said:
I guess a another larger dish to my collection will not hurt anything. I use old Primestar dishes for FTA. Also on the second pic you will notice the 30" dish I use for Voom. It is mounted above a Dish Network 18" dish also pointed at the 61.5 orbital slot. I believe the 30" dish in that pic might work for AMC 6. I would have to do some experiments to see if it would.

Man, with all those dishes it looks like you have something going on other than watching television...... :shocked

riffjim4069 said:
The Dolan Family controls 75% of Cablevision. Why do you assume VOOM HD LLC will have to pay 1 cent for Rainbow Media programming? For all we know, access to free/inexpensive programming (WE, IFC, AMC, etc.) may be part of the Dolan's overall severance package. Also, there may be reciprocal programming agreements in place between Rainbow Media and VOOM LLC HD (21 HD Exclusives) - a little tit for tat. We just don't know and we probably never will.l

Remember the Dolan Family controls 75% but it does NOT OWN 75%.

As a separate and independent entity VOOM HD LLC will certainly have to pay for programming. There is no free lunch here. Cablevision is a publically traded company. It has responsibilities to its shareholders and is subject to the same regulations and laws other companies have to obey.
CVC and Rainbow Media cannot give away services and not account for them. There will be lawsuits and possible delisting by the SEC.

Guys do not pound this anymore. Both CVC and VOOM HD have quite an investment in Rainbow Media. Rainbow Media is part of their breathing life. I have seen many partnerships that have worked with using access that it is common to both. Sure there will be payment and services but we are not in the "know" to know the details. Nothing to argue until there are more details how is Rainbow Media repositioned in the new CVC and VOOMHD companies.

joverstr2 said:
Man, with all those dishes it looks like you have something going on other than watching television...... :shocked

That's a good cover story. At least that is what the neighbors think! :D

Nothing illegal here, it is work related.

gutter said:
Well I still have my 10 ft C-band /Ku dish mounted and is still active receiving both C band, KU with a 4DTV receiver. (another Motorola product) Wonder it that could be used for the AMC bird with perhaps just a switch of LNB's or connecting a VOOM receiver. I have not a technocrat but I know enough to make me dangerous. Also to get out of the way of the guys who know their stuff like some of you.

Interested in knowing what you guys think about that. ICEBERG?

yes it would work as long as you have KU band on it. But if you motor around, you would lose the signal

It would make rain fade almost non existant :)

Indy said:

swap out the LNB to KU band and you'll be OK :)

joverstr2 said:

so what would you say about my setup (yes, this is my dish setup)
attachment.php

l-r on the roof
30" motorized
StarChoice
Dish
30" fixed

closeup of DirecPC with LNB's for 95,91 & 82 :D

Iceberg said:
attachment.php

l-r on the roof
30" motorized
StarChoice
Dish
30" fixed

Welcome to the insanity! Nice to see another addict. :)

Iceberg said:
attachment.php

l-r on the roof
30" motorized
StarChoice
Dish
30" fixed

You're either working for the CIA or you're listening for life on other planets.

Nope : )

Motorized dish for all the cool free sports backhauls
StarChoice for…StarChoice (duh!)
Dish Network for locals
Fixed dish at Galaxy 10 for the programming there

DirecPC at 95 for North Dakota Hockey Games
91 & 82 for the audio on ExpressVu

Iceberg said:
l-r on the roof
30" motorized
StarChoice
Dish
30" fixed

Man, I would say y'all are looking for Extra Terrestrial life out there somewhere. :D

Iceberg, are you using a STAB motor on the 30" offset dish to the left in your setup? I tried this with the elliptical dish but obviously elliptical does not track well. A prime focus would be better but I have never seen a 30" prime focus KU dish. The offset is the next best thing. Where did you find the round offset dish?

Cool. I still have my C/Ku BUD. Not sure if it sees far enough to the east to get the new Voom bird. Also the Voom installer will probably have a bird if I want to use it. Well it's an option if needed. Interesting that the IF is compatible with the Voom receiver. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)