What about purchased receivers??

jnardone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
I have a purchased receiver that is warranted to work for another 9 months. Do you think VOOM will give me my money back if the service stops?

edit: I posted this under "customer comments" but it got moved to "news and developments"

jnardone said:
I have a purchased receiver that is warranted to work for another 9 months. Do you think VOOM will give me my money back if the service stops?

edit: I posted this under "customer comments" but it got moved to "news and developments"

Technically the receiver still works. LOL

jnardone said:

have you called voom and asked them about this they will be the one to ask installs inc has been told to tell everyone they will have to call voom.

t

The other day while watching American chopper they took the Expedition and were running over stuff with it, and I thought too bad I don't have to some to run over. Well I guess now I do? That's about all it'll be good for...lol

TYORK said:
have you called voom and asked them about this they will be the one to ask installs inc has been told to tell everyone they will have to call voom.

t

I called VOOM earlier this morning and they said they were not even shutting down. Maybe I will try again later.

I just got off the phone and the csr said they were shutting down. They also said because I bought the boxes, I am stuck with them.

Maybe I some artist would want to make something out of them. They were the wave of the future.

the antenna and the dish stay unless you ask to have them removed! they give you these because they dont want to repair your roof! this is from a csr

So if those who bought the system don't get a refund, do those who rented theirs get to keep it too. No that it really makes any difference, unless the OTA still works.

Also wonder if it would be compatible with the Dish system once Dish starts using Rainbow 1.

I'm also calling for info... if they say I am stuck with them with no refund, I will sue Cablevision. It's not an idle threat. The legal precedent already exists. And frankly I'm sure I would not be the only one.

-MP

Ok... just talked with a CSR (*sigh*). He said they had been provided absolutely NO information about what box owners should expect, and that he had heard something would be coming down in the next couple days on it but wasn't sure what it would be. He said to give it 2-3 days and then call back. So while I remain annoyed, I will have a small amount of hope that they do the right thing by us.

Many cable companies will give you $400-$500 for a box if you switch.

No need tell me hell with cable! It's might be a viable option for some...

madpoet said:
I'm also calling for info... if they say I am stuck with them with no refund, I will sue Cablevision. It's not an idle threat. The legal precedent already exists. And frankly I'm sure I would not be the only one.

-MP

Dig up the precedent, post it here for scrutiny. Sounds completely far-fetched. A warranty on a piece of electronic equipment is for the hardware - are you claiming that there is an implied guarantee for the continuation of a broadcast? That's nuts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)