Think about going HD....does this pricing I got quoted sound right?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gilmoregirlz

Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
My 625 DVR is going a little crazy, so I'm thinking about upgrading to HD programming which would get me a different DVR. I just got finished talking to a DISH agent on live chat, and they said it would be $150 for an HD DVR Duo. I'm thinking this seems a bit steep?

My current bill is $52.51 (Classic Bronze & Locals $39.99, plus DVR Servie Fee $5.98, plus Dish Home Protection Plan $5.99, plus $0.55 tax).

I was hoping to get HD channels for the same price that I'm paying now, or possibly less. I was thinking I remembered a while back that it would be cheaper to go with HD instead of the SD Classic Bronze I have now, but the Dish Agent told me HD is only available as add on programming, there is no HD Only package.

If anyone has any info, comments, suggestions, or anything, I'd appreciate it!
Thanks!

HD would be a $10 addon to your current package.

Seems steep for the DVR, but how long have you been a customer and when was your last upgrade? Are you under contract?

Been a customer since March of 2007, and I'm not under contract. Haven't done a thing with it since I originally signed up, no upgrades or anything.

I guess it was the TurboHD packages I was thinking of....but it would seem those are discontinued?

Turbo is dead.

I was out of contract and got a 722k with OTA tuner for $90, so keep trying to get a better deal. I did have to renew the contract though.

Turbo is dead.

I was out of contract and got a 722k with OTA tuner for $90, so keep trying to get a better deal. I did have to renew the contract though.

Call the Customer Loyalty Department. The above is about right, or you might even do better. I got a 722K for just the cost of the OTA module, $30.00
1-888-683-6074

Okay, so right now there's really no way to get HD without my monthly charge increasing by $10....that's a bummer. Hmmmm.....I don't suppose Dish has any plans to create another all-HD package similar to Absolute or Tubo, LOL.

If I do it, I'll make sure to not pay $150 for the DVR! :)

The HD only plans were a great idea (I had turbo), but programmers were not working well with dish on the fees, so they killed it.

Best thing to do now is pick the classic plan you like and add the HD to it for $10.

A search for Turbo here would seem to indicate that Turbo is not dead, it's just not being advertised. Try CSR roulette and see if one of them is willing to give you that package and upgrade your equipment. Customer loyalty may be the way you need to go.

I've had good success with online chats over calling in.

Okay, so right now there's really no way to get HD without my monthly charge increasing by $10....that's a bummer.

Sorry, but it has to be said. GROW UP!! You don't get more for nothing more.:rant:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I'll try another online chat and see what happens. No matter what, I'll have to do something since my current DVR is having problems (the video occasionally goes flickers and goes blank, but a tap to the unit brings the picture back).

Thanks for the info, I'll try another online chat and see what happens. No matter what, I'll have to do something since my current DVR is having problems (the video occasionally goes flickers and goes blank, but a tap to the unit brings the picture back).

just call dish they will replace the box since you have the protection plan.

and while your at it look at the bug thread for the 722:(

your 625 is sadly way more stable, and after giving it lots of consideration is why i havent upgraded to the 722.

at least my 625s are stable and dependable.........

If you get a 722, just use a cooling fan on the air intake or output and it should help. There are many posts about that - do a search.

Love the 722...knock on wood, never had an issue with it. Awesome machine! I never put any cooling on it either...using it as it was designed but I do not have it closed up in a cabinet either. It is on a A/V tower with open sides, front, and back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts