Think he's angry?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since you see no evidence of such let me provide you a few examples.

Well, I guess we have slightly different definitions of name calling, is all.

It sounds like we all agree that insurance companies suck, but we all should have insurance, though. ;o)

Nothing worse in this world than being called a lawyer.
And my favorite person, Quantum, who brings no additional knowledge to this thread, just wishing bad things things would happen to people and name calling.
Well I just have to say, I am surprised to find that "Agonizing Fury" is actually a Sensitive Flower! I seem to have tromped on tender feelings with her. No wonder the big ole scary façade. I apologize, "Agonizing Fury", I thought we were all men of the world here. Looks like I know who's been tattling on me...

As to insurance companies, anyone who thinks they do any good beyond satisfying minimal regulatory requirements, hasn't tried to make a claim in the past twenty years, however well-justified. I am a commercial landlord, and they have never, never offered more than 2/3 of what is right and justified. I have had to sue them every time, and mercilessly pound the money out of them.

Last edited:
What I find disturbing is not the position E* may take on this but the inconsistency of their personnel. Being the owner of a business that we hope will make a profit, you have to consider the financial aspects, but you also have to recognize the human side of it. Take a position either way, just be consistent.

My experience with E* has been uneven. Some CSR's knowlegeable, other totally in outer space. Obviously training of their CSR's is hit or miss.

What I find disturbing is not the position E* may take on this but the inconsistency of their personnel. Being the owner of a business that we hope will make a profit, you have to consider the financial aspects, but you also have to recognize the human side of it. Take a position either way, just be consistent.

My experience with E* has been uneven. Some CSR's knowlegeable, other totally in outer space. Obviously training of their CSR's is hit or miss.

Amen....it's not called "CSR Roulette" for nothing!

Well I just have to say, I am surprised to find that "Agonizing Fury" is actually a Sensitive Flower! I seem to have tromped on tender feelings with her. No wonder the big ole scary façade. I apologize, "Agonizing Fury", I thought we were all men of the world here. Looks like I know who's been tattling on me...

As to insurance companies, anyone who thinks they do any good beyond satisfying minimal regulatory requirements, hasn't tried to make a claim in the past twenty years, however well-justified. I am a commercial landlord, and they have never, never offered more than 2/3 of what is right and justified. I have had to sue them every time, and mercilessly pound the money out of them.
Hehe, ok that was funny I have to admit. I personally was enjoying our little personal banter. I declare you the winner with that post. Don't think I can beat it in the humor range. (although, I'm a little curious where the whole tattling thing came from???, despite my strong opinions on matters, I think everyone has a right to post their opinion, and would not report a post for simply doing so, even if your opinion was calling someone names)

I also have to agree with you about insurance companies, other than my vehicle insurance company, Progressive, who I have never had a problem with. A few years ago my wife was hit by another driver in a Wal-Mart Parking lot in her 2 week old car. It was the other driver's fault, and he had the same insurance company. I was deployed to Iraq at the time, and the insurance company handled everything for her from renting the car, to getting her car repaired all without having to fight for any of it. I even sent them a nice letter stating how happy I was with the way they handled the whole issue in my absence.

Every time some one declines insurance they usually say "I'll take my chances." When those chances come out against the person they cry foul! It is tragic that this man lost everything! Did the bank cancel his mortgage? Did his credit cards get paid off by the credit card companies for any stuff that was lost in this disaster? Did the utility companies cancel all his passed bills?

It is regrettable and I would hate to be in this man's place, but he needs to look in the mirror to see the person responsible for him being on the hook.

See ya
Tony

... Did the utility companies cancel all his passed bills?
See ya
Tony
Caught you Tony: it is "past" meaning prior and not "passed" meaning went around. This, although you do point to the many of the frequent usage problems. BTW, I once started out to write a Diction program, in the style of a (Bell Lab?) Unix program, which had 500 rules and mine ended up with 5000 rules. Problem it produced about 3 (possible) problems per sentence, which eventually trained me to get only about 1 every 2 sentences. Most users could/would not stand for its fussiness.
-Ken

Every time some one declines insurance they usually say "I'll take my chances." When those chances come out against the person they cry foul! It is tragic that this man lost everything! Did the bank cancel his mortgage? Did his credit cards get paid off by the credit card companies for any stuff that was lost in this disaster? Did the utility companies cancel all his passed bills?

It is regrettable and I would hate to be in this man's place, but he needs to look in the mirror to see the person responsible for him being on the hook.

See ya
Tony

I think that is a very general and sweeping statement. I often pass up insurance opportunities. I recognize that extended warranties are high margin insurance policies. I don't carry collision on older cars, etc. I am part of the 'everyone' you mention. I take my lumps when something fails and generally come out ahead.

AS has been pointed out numerous times, it is irrelevant whether the OP carried renters insurance as the policy most certainly would have excluded acts of nature, such as hurricanes.

I also agree that he is responsible for the equipment. I tend to disagree on using the leased car argument though. I can point to several examples where the company takes full responsibility for care and maintenance of the leased equipment. Comcast is the most immediate example. They take responsibility for the maintenance of their equipment and will replaced damaged stuff, no questions asked.

The one point everyone is ignoring is whether DISH is being overly aggressive in collecting their assets. This guy just lost everything. He is trying to put a roof over his family's head and gather the basic survival necessities. If DISH is calling daily asking when they can get paid for their lost equipment, I would call that criminal harrassment. I've been there myself, and when you are desperately trying to stay afloat, the last thing you want is someone calling daily on some relatively minor problem. At the very least, I would say that DISH is showing poor judgement and no sensitivity to victims of a large scale disaste

he is a victim of himself. no one forced him to decline renters insurance. seriously, if anyone of you here had sold this guy a car, and the hurricane took out his car, which he did not insure, and washed it out to sea, would you give him his money back?

he is a victim of himself. no one forced him to decline renters insurance. seriously, if anyone of you here had sold this guy a car, and the hurricane took out his car, which he did not insure, and washed it out to sea, would you give him his money back?

For the third time:

The insurance issue is irrelevant because virtually all insurance policys will have act of nature exclusion. It wouldn't have covered him even if he had insurance.

Sorry I yelled (kinda). This thread has become pit fodder, so I am out of here.

I'd kill the previous post, but I can't edit them at work.

ok, i will rephrase the question. you sell the a dude a car who lives in an area that hurricanes come to. regaurdless of insurance, do you still give him his money back?

by the way,my renters insurance does cover tornados. last time i checked, tornados are an act of nature. living in oklahoma, i made sure to choose a policy which would cover that.

For the third time:

The insurance issue is irrelevant because virtually all insurance policys will have act of nature exclusion. It wouldn't have covered him even if he had insurance.

It's not as bad as you keep implying. Typically floods, earthquakes and hurricanes are excluded from the basic renter's insurance policies but coverage for those items is available with additional riders on the policy just as it is for homeowner's insurance.

Mario

Hurricane insurance is available to anyone who wants it so insurance is NOT irrelevant.

I feel for the OP but he, at some point said, "I don't need that." and is paying the price now.

See ya
Tony

Reading these posts on my blackberry so it can be hard to read everything but.... Dish told this guy the charges would be waived for him. They didn't have to, but they said they would, and as upset as he sounds I believe him, especially after all the problems I've seen from them. (Personal experience with lease/own rights to a 522 years ago).

Also, if the second party has informed you this call may be monitored or recorded, then "THEY HAVE ALREADY GIVEN CONSENT" to record the phone call. They know the conversations recorded, they told you it would be. Personal experience with TV orders being overcharged. Called in and started recording and of course my machine said record now. CSR sup on other end of line said I did not have his permission to record the conversation. I told him I was not hanging up or stopping the recording. Things were resolved VERY quickly after that.

Not everyone can get certain acts of nature coverage. My parent's are in a 100 year flood-plan; meaning that every 100 years the area will be flooded sometime or another.
Kinda sucks for them they difn't find out till later and now have had to "prep" for the event of a flood.

Okay, let me ask these questions again:

I buy a house and its mortgaged. It gets destroyed in an "act of God". I have no coverage. Does the bank cancel my debt?

I bought furniture for that house on 12 months same as cash. Does the furniture company's financing arm cancel my debt?

I had a car with only 10 payments left before it was all mine in the garage when the act of God made it disappear. Does the bank cancel my debt?

I just had an electrician rewire my house and the bill came just after my house vanished. Does the electrician waive the charges for the work he performed?

I leased a car for the wife. it's gone now. Does the leasing company waive the charges?

If the anyone expects the answer to any of the questions above to be "yes" then they need to tell me what companies did this so I can start doing business with them. But the best you might expect is interest free extension periods of 30-90 days depending on how magnanimous the respective companies are.

The questions above have the same answer as the one below.
I leased a satellite receiver from a satellite company. It's gone now. Does the satellite company waive the charges?

See ya
Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)