Think I could...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fox McCloud

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
I've been a Dish customers for approximately 2+ years now...when HD came out, it was totally out of the question, as it required +$20 onto the package you were subscribing to. Eventually I downgraded to the "Family Pack" as I found that I wasn't watching TV that often and the channels I did watch were all on the Family Channel...plus, it was saving me a lot of money per month (the only thing I didn't like about the family channel is that it didn't have the Discovery Channel).

Either way, I've thought about cancelling for quite a while, until I heard about the HD Absolute package, which would only be about $37 a month for me (after DVR fee and tax)...about $5 more, per month, than I was currently paying for way better content. Needless to say, the pocket-book dictated that I couldn't get this package (not because of the package, but because of the $200-$300 vip722)...well, sadly to say, I've been "left in the dust" now that HD Absolute is, well...absolute toast.

Either way, now that this package is gone, I'm seirously thinking about cancelling agian, unless I'm able to get the HD absolute package....do you guys think that retentions may be able to revive the HD Absolute package for me? (for those of you wondering, "wait, he couldn't afford the vip722 2 days ago, but he can today....not, I can't affor it today...I'm talking about if I did this a 1-4 months down the line from now).

If you call today and speak to an 'executive team member' your chances are 100% better than 3-4 months from now.

But in reading your other posts I'd say no chance.

Thanks guys--just thought I'd get a general feel for things before I bail.

Either way, I doubt I'll be able to scrap together that kind of money...but who knows; either way, thanks again.

I would think that if you call three months from know Dish will probably offer you a HD only package---why because it makes good business sense not to is dumb. If Dish CSR says no then tell them you want to cancell Dish and to transfer you to that dept. I will bet you will get what you want.

another quick question....obviously if I purchase my own vip722 (or 622...it'd have to be dual), and I am able to get this package via retentions, will I have to sign a new contract?

another quick question....obviously if I purchase my own vip722 (or 622...it'd have to be dual), and I am able to get this package via retentions, will I have to sign a new contract?

I would say no if you own the receiver.

For me buying a receiver makes no sense since I would always want the latest toy--IE I would get the new 722S since it will come with slingbox bulid in then in two years I would want the EVOT833 that can clean my house and put me to sleep as well as cook my meals:hungry:

In other words I would always want the new and bigger toy.

the 722S? When is that coming out?

Also, if you always want the latest toy, and you don't buy new receivers...what do you do then? Lease them? If so, how much does that cost?

On a side note, if I had to settle for a vip612, I would not have to pay the $5 a month DVR free, correct? It'd just be $29.99+taxes (assuming I can get HD Absolute), correct?

ok last question....

let's say I am able to talk to retentions (and let's assume that they will be giving me this package)...is it possible for me to get this package before getting an HD receiver or DVR? Obviously, if this were the case, it'd make my current receiver worthless....but here's the reason I want to know: If I purchase an HD receiver now, and am denied getting retentions HD Absolute, then I've just wasted over $200 on an HD Receiver that I'll likely never use...however, if I can call in and do get the package, then that $200+ could more easily be justified.

First off, Dish will never let you subscribe to a package you will not see so getting it without an HD receiver will not work. If you wanted Absolute, you should have done what it would have taken to get it while it was still available. The longer you wait after a package is discontinued, the less chance that you would get it. At this point you are probably better served to forget about HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)