Think I have just about had enough with this 722k

I have been pricing Directv because I just cancelled Dish a couple of days ago. I have 2 DVRs with Dish. I pay $10 for the extra DVR and $6 for DVR service.
On a Directv 2 year new customer 2 DVR contract (1-HR34) there is a $20 per month advanced receiver charge. There is a $10 advanced receiver discount for the full 24 month contract. The extra DVR is $6 a month.

So it comes to $16 a month 2 DVRs for both services. HD is free with both services also.

If I'm reading it right, are you comparing an ongoing Dish charge with a new subscriber promo charge from Direct? Direcct is normally $26 and Dish is $16?

I would recommend the Welcome Package while capturing the programs to some external box such as a DVDR.

$10 fee

Its $20 for DVR, HD and MRV but there is a $10 credit for 24 months (the HD credit) so you're saving an extra $1 over "alacarte" pricing

So, the $10 HD credit runs out after 24 months? :confused:

Also, are there additional $6 receiver fees outside the $20 fee?

So, the $10 HD credit runs out after 24 months? :confused:
it says 24 months but since nobody has gotten to that point yet we dont know if its extended. There are some cureent subs whose "24 month HD credit" is coming up this summer. KNowing Directv they'll extend it

Also, are there additional $6 receiver fees outside the $20 fee?

$6 for additional receiver fee. Doesnt matter if its a HD receiver, HD DVR or when available RVU unit

gdarwin said:
You need the satellite feed to access the EHD.

You need to be active sub for access to ehd...but if the programs are on dvr internal hd....them you can keep watching it for life. I have a disconnected 625 2+ years now having some kids program & it's still work. Only connected to power no satellite connection.

it says 24 months but since nobody has gotten to that point yet we dont know if its extended. There are some cureent subs whose "24 month HD credit" is coming up this summer. KNowing Directv they'll extend it

$6 for additional receiver fee. Doesnt matter if its a HD receiver, HD DVR or when available RVU unit

and I will just check back with dish network in 2 years to see what they have.

I also know the kiddos will be glad to stop "watching fat people" on Disney channel. :)

He may as well try to watch as much as possible in that mystery period of time.... Anyone know how long ?

I agree. For some reason 2 weeks sticks in my head, but I really wouldn't count on that. Somebody posted here in detail about how it works. Maybe it was a timer that got reset now and again, so the period is uncertain.

I know if I was to leave Dish, I'd go down to the cheapest package and maybe take some vacation time to watch like crazy, and record like crazy to a DVD burner and/or Hauppauge.

It is my understanding that the ViP series is different in this respect compared to older receivers.

swap out the receiver again. took me 2 622's at one time before I got one that would stay alive. Whatever the testing they do on refurb units, it isn't enough.

If I'm reading it right, are you comparing an ongoing Dish charge with a new subscriber promo charge from Direct? Direcct is normally $26 and Dish is $16?
Yes.
I only look 2 years in advance. If I sign up for Directv and in 2 years their prices are not competitive with Dish or my cable co., I churn again. I am concerned ONLY with what my costs will be for the next 2 years. I look at real world costs, and this means using promo prices.

All the old VOOM stuff...I think some of it is irreplaceable..burning it to a DVD loses the 5.1 digital sound track.....

Maybe I just expect to much. Looking back only twenty or so years..the advances are really mind boggling..until C-Band we only got one channel sort of sometimes if you held your tongue just right....It's hard to imagine what the transmission technology will look like in another twenty years, The 722 has been the best of the Dish HD DVR's that I have owned.....still, that guide bug is really annoying.

[QUOTE=digiblur;2783875]3 is very small considering the 722k could do 4 all by itself and doesn't have to share either. Yeah, I know you could do the primetime thing, but then you are sharing. Let's say I have a 4 room setup. I would find that typical. 2 rooms want to watch Live TV. What happens when the living room wants to record two shows at a time? You end up with skipped shows. No thanks. I'm not going to limit myself on what we watch and how we watch for that kind of money a month.

I suppose it all comes down to ones particular configuration/needs. One Hopper and three joey's plus one Moca bridge will work perfectly for me. However, I won't be going for a Hopper until the OTA capability is available cause I don't want to live without my HD locals and no one has indicated when that USB connector would be available.

but you will be "watching the fat people" on HLN, Tru and a few others

TruTV didn't have much HD on it anyways..mostly stretchovision. We rarely watched that channel anyways and on top of that when I went down to AT120 since my hd absolute discounts ran out we didn't get that channel anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)