Think you have it bad...

poopsie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
I went on a service call today on a voom. It reminded me of those pictures that has like 50 different things wrong with it and you have to find them. Here is what I found wrong with the person who did the install.
1. Signal strength 52%
2. OTA antenna was mounted on the same mast as the Dish
3. OTA antenna was mounted upside down
4. OTA was pointing the wrong direction
5. Only two screws holding the mast to the roof
6. RG-59 cable used with hex crimps inside the house
7. Living Room Voom box had a splitter in line, causing no picture
8. Installer didn't install the OTA tuner into IRD, and took it with him when he left for both TV's.
9. Installer didn't install phone line
10. Installer took DVI Cables for both TV's, and Comp also
11. Installer took the supplied diplexers for the IRD's, and only hooked into the satellite input. Problem now is that the diplexers I carry don't pass the power to the antenna so even if I had OTA Tuners, it still wouldn't work.
12. Used RG-6 from VOOM to TV, nuff said...
So, for you guys pissed about your installation, prolly not as bad as this. PSB, you been doing jobs down here in Virginia? j/k :)

I honestly don't know who did the install, but it was in the Norfolk area so you shouldn't be in that region. They are going to look into it. But, I must say, that it was grounded, so credit has to be given there I guess...

they installed my OTA on the same pole as my dish which is mounted on the roof, so according to #2 thats bad?

Its not that bad, but when the s bar is included in the parts that he was supposed to use, then it is bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)