thinking about c-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cheito

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
usa
need some advice i am trying to install a c-band system havent started yet just trying to get some advice from anyone of you i live in orlando fl. whats the smallest dish that i can get to get some sort of good signal and channels trying to get rotary or stationary like whats the best feed horn lnb and actuator and dish to start thanks.

smallest dish that i can get to get some sort of good signal
Absolute minimum, that I don't really recommend, is a six foot. I'd encourage the implementation of at least a 7.5ft. The bigger the dish, the less that you'll miss. Being there's a definite switch over occurring on many of the services to DVB-S2 you should remember: Bigger is Better.
Many here 'cut their teeth' with a 6ft, and many 6 and 7.5 have been 'decommisioned' in favor of a larger dish. Usually a 10 ft.
Keep an eye on the thread more Craigslist dishes for your perusal

Whatever actuator they have can usually be used today.
Add a V-Box to run it. Or use the analog receiver that may come with it.
A C band only LNBF performs better than a C-Ku band*. I would have recommended a GeosatPRO C2 but they are no longer available. There's many different brands available, single and dual output. EBAY SEARCH I used to have a ESX241, it's now a back-up, and don't see a great difference on most. Check the equipment reviews section(?)
*Ku on it's own dish(es) is the way to go. IMHO
trying to get rotary or stationary
Think you'd want the dish on a polar mount so it's able to be moved from satellite to satellite, from as far east to as far west as possible, because there's little satisfaction in just one satellite, IMHO.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts