Thinking about coming back to dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

darekd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Roanoke, VA
I'm considering coming back to dish and I have some questions.

- I called Dish and they would give me 722k for free. Is there any reason to get 222K if I'm not planning to expand my hd space?

- With 722k + ota tuner, can the reciver show 2 different recorded shows on 2 tvs (1 hd and 1 sd) and record 2 other shows at the same time (2 satellite or 2 OTA or a mix)?

- How good is ota tuner? My sony tv has a very good atsc tuner by my directv ota tuner is not very good (have multi path problem)

- I assume that any receiver I get is leased. How much is does the lease cost?

- Do you think that I can get both 222k and 722K without any upfront cost?

Last edited:
The 722k will record 2 sat & 2 ota at the same time IF you have the ota module included for another 29.99. Better make sure that DISH brings one out or you order one to put in your self. I have one on the way ,it shipped out yesterday. My ota tuner in my 722 works fine , I would hope that the 722k would be even better since it does 2 ota . Won't know for sure till next week. There shouldn't be any lease fee on the first receiver you get on your account. So if all you take is the 722k you won't have a lease fee. If you add the 222 for other rooms in your house the lease fee would be 7.00 for an hd receiver. IF you had an sd receiver it would be 5.00 . Same price if you own and just add additional hd or sd receivers.

Last edited:
If you'd rather have two HD TVs, a 621 and a 222 may suit your needs better than a 722. The 722K is the only dish box with 2 OTA tuners, and they're supposed to be the best dish has to offer. If multipath is your problem, no tuner will fix that; the solution is in the antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)