Speed HD?

I was hoping for Speed HD also before speedweeks. I guess thats what we get for trusting Charlie. If you remember, it was the last Charlie chat trhat they showed pictures of upcoming HD channels. Speed was one of them, so I thought for sure we would get it when the new bird got turned on. Then I wondered something after watching Cup practice the other day. Did you notice that on Speed the speedweeks are called " DirectTV Speedweeks"? Just wonder if that has anything to do with not getting it yet? Either way, Im getting so sick and tired of not having channels that all the other providers have and I dont want to hear Charlie say anymore " we do this to help our customers save money" thats bull#$%^ if that was the case then we wouldnt have had a price increase. I say we will get Speed HD ,but it will be after anything that is good to watch is over.

I was hoping for Speed HD also before speedweeks. I guess thats what we get for trusting Charlie. If you remember, it was the last Charlie chat trhat they showed pictures of upcoming HD channels. Speed was one of them, so I thought for sure we would get it when the new bird got turned on. Then I wondered something after watching Cup practice the other day. Did you notice that on Speed the speedweeks are called " DirectTV Speedweeks"? Just wonder if that has anything to do with not getting it yet? Either way, Im getting so sick and tired of not having channels that all the other providers have and I dont want to hear Charlie say anymore " we do this to help our customers save money" thats bull#$%^ if that was the case then we wouldnt have had a price increase. I say we will get Speed HD ,but it will be after anything that is good to watch is over.

It's the old "Wait until next year", but it still could happen this year, so keep hoping that SOON is within the next 4 days.

Trusting Charlie? Sorry, but you can't blame Charlie on this one. He never said Speed HD before speedweek, you just assumed it. Blame yourself for any increased expectations and specific dissapointments.

I don't think Direct's sponsorship of Speedweek has any bearing on when Dish subs will get Speed in HD (unless someone the terms of the agreement specifically prohibited giving Dish Speed HD carriage rights during Speedweek- and that's ridiculously farfetched).

I'm sorry to pick on you, you're just the post that pushed me over the silence limit. We've had a net gain of two HD channels this week (ones people have been bitching about not having) and people are still complaining. HD Channels will be here when they get here. Would I love to have more now? Sure. Is not having them annoying? Sure. But if it's that bad, find a provider that will give you what you want.

Dish's tendency to remove channels without notice is much more troubling than their failure to provide every person with the HD channels they want immediately. I'm sure Dish would love to provide every HD channel available to entice subscribers to their service. That's not possible, so they'll add as they can according to their plan (And no, I'm not even suggesting that they have a coherent, logical plan; just saying that complaining isn't likely to grab their attention). And no, I'm not a Dish apologist, just tired with all the complaining.

And I hate reading posts from people bitching about people bitching about E*. If there's anyone deserving of being bitched about, it's E*. There are quite a few around here that used to be E* defenders, but no longer are. There's a reason for that.

Even if we don't get SpeedHD before speedweek, don't forget FoxHD (if you have it). I just watched the Budweiser Shootout on my FoxHD local. I think the Gatorade duels will be replayed Thursday night on FoxHD also. I just got my locals in HD on Wednesday, and dividends already.

The Shootout was great: started with 28 cars, only had 13 at the end. Multiple wrecks.

Ok, make a list - we need volunteers to start threads for the following channels...

FXHD?
Comedy Central HD?
BETHD?
FuelHD?
oh, and at least a couple more each for FOX News and FOX BIZ HD?

ad nauseum....

can't you folks just take a look and read some other threads first before you start yet another redundant thread.....lordy!

who's gonna be the first to come on and castigate me, "don't read'em if you're not interested"?......blah blah blah

Ok, make a list - we need volunteers to start threads for the following channels...

FXHD?
Comedy Central HD?
BETHD?
FuelHD?
oh, and at least a couple more each for FOX News and FOX BIZ HD?

ad nauseum....

can't you folks just take a look and read some other threads first before you start yet another redundant thread.....lordy!

who's gonna be the first to come on and castigate me, "don't read'em if you're not interested"?......blah blah blah

There must be 2 or 3 hundred posts relating to FoxB-HD and FNS-HD. I think, personally, that's going overboard. But 12 or 14 posts about Speed-HD? Please. I've seen more posts about people with ice in their gutters or on their sat. dish who wonder how to get rid of it.

Just turn your eyes determinedly away each time you see a new post on this thread, and things will be okay. That'll show us! Plus, keep in your mind that speekweeks ends on this coming Sunday.

On another note, I have FoxB-HD and FNS-HD, and they're great! I hope everybody that wants them gets them.

I don't get why people get banged up over the number of posts about something. People are venting. Let hem vent. There's plenty to be hacked off about. No one forces anyone to read a post. Are the people complaining obsessive-compulsive and feel the need to read everything?

I don't get why people get banged up over the number of posts about something. People are venting. Let hem vent. There's plenty to be hacked off about. No one forces anyone to read a post. Are the people complaining obsessive-compulsive and feel the need to read everything?

Well said. Very well said!:D

I really though thought that when FOX News and Bidnez showed up this past week that Speed HD would be here on Wednesday. So I have been surprised to see them absent. I"m not so certain that we will have it this year.

For me, I want SpeedHD for the F1 coverage. It really does look much better on a HD channel than plain Speed SD ch150.

Not that one 8+ year customer matters to Charlie but I am only going to wait so long for SpeedHD. I understand the hold up was the law suit with News Corp but that was settled. I also could care less about FoxHD or most of the other new HD channels (but certainly respect those where it does matter). This household watches OTA network HD during the week and NASCAR on weekends. We are paying $130 per month and do not have our favorite channel -- a channel Direct has had now for well over a year. That sucks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts