Speed HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not that one 8+ year customer matters to Charlie but I am only going to wait so long for SpeedHD. I understand the hold up was the law suit with News Corp but that was settled. I also could care less about FoxHD or most of the other new HD channels (but certainly respect those where it does matter). This household watches OTA network HD during the week and NASCAR on weekends. We are paying $130 per month and do not have our favorite channel -- a channel Direct has had now for well over a year. That sucks!
I couldnt agree with you more neighbor

I wrote to ceo@echostar.com on Friday asking specifically about Speed HD. The reply was "no information available about that" or some such nonsense, but they would forward my request to programming. This is deal breaker for me and I told them so. Amazing that a member of their "Problem Resolution" department isn't empowered to share "secret" info to save a customer - or isn't privy to info that could save a customer.

I wrote to ceo@echostar.com on Friday asking specifically about Speed HD. The reply was "no information available about that" or some such nonsense, but they would forward my request to programming. This is deal breaker for me and I told them so. Amazing that a member of their "Problem Resolution" department isn't empowered to share "secret" info to save a customer - or isn't privy to info that could save a customer.

No, I am not surprised that they wouldn't share their future HD plans to retain a customer. But then again, I would also not be surprised if they didn't really have a plan at all...

I'm not an auto racing fan but I think the fans should have Speed HD on Dish.

With all the fans the sport has, the fact it is not available on Dish a year after the HD feed started shows some thing is really wrong with Dish management thinking.

I can not understand why they have channels like cnbc, cartoon network in hd, coming soon Nickelodeon. in HD. As a business man it seems to me that they would know how fricken popular Nascar is, and have Speed and FX in HD. Even the Outdoor Channel would be a favorite in HD. Instead they waist the bandwith
with these stupid channels with more stupid channels in HD on the way.

I don't care either way, but Nascar's popularity peaked a few years ago, and I can guarantee you that Nickelodeon and probably Cartoon Network both have more viewers than Speed.

Speed HD should be next with FX HD, now that the Fox News lawsuit was settled.

There is no reason to assume that. Speed HD and FX HD are not distributed by the same company as Fox News and Fox Business.

In fact, Speed HD and FX HD are a lot less likely, if you read the tea leaves. They were listed on the infamous New Year's Eve memo scott published. But they were not on the "Coming soon" list at the retailer chat. Draw the conclusions you will but to me that looks like a step backward.

I have heard that Fox News settled with Dish about then. Maybe they were on the list because someone in Dealer Relations assumed that since Fox owns Speed and FX, that a settlement with Fox would mean good news for Speed and FX. Now they are off the "coming attractions" list because someone at Dealer Relations realized the initial mistake and took them off the list.

That said, they could show up any day now. But we were saying that last year as well.

-----------------------------

Be creative. Boycott the "S" word!

I can not understand why they have channels like cnbc, cartoon network in hd, coming soon Nickelodeon. in HD. As a business man it seems to me that they would know how fricken popular Nascar is, and have Speed and FX in HD. Even the Outdoor Channel would be a favorite in HD. Instead they waist the bandwith
with these stupid channels with more stupid channels in HD on the way.
Cartoon Network and Nickeloden are great babysitters and or pacifiers. Many people would rather have good kids programming, that is why they are so important to many subscribers. On the cnbc front, gimme a break. Sure more people watch cnbc than msnbc, but the number is probably less than 100. Would not be suprised to see both networks fold this year.

On the cnbc front, gimme a break. Sure more people watch cnbc than msnbc, but the number is probably less than 100. Would not be suprised to see both networks fold this year.

Seriously, this took me 30 seconds to find...

Record Ratings Continue for CNBC

October Ratings - CNBC's Best Month Ever

CNBC Ratings Benefit from Financial Crisis

2008 Ratings: MSNBC Fastest Growing Once Again

Fresh Face on Cable, Sharp Rise in Ratings

Cable News Ratings: MSNBC Beats CNN In Demo

The latest numbers from TV Newser are here...

Basically there's Fox News and then there's everyone else...

I don' t think they have the business news ratings at Newser...

The latest numbers from TV Newser are here...

Basically there's Fox News and then there's everyone else...

I don' t think they have the business news ratings at Newser...

There's a big difference between "distant second" (or even third) and "less than 100 viewers...just about to fold." Just trying to point out how idiotic that statement was.

And while googling "MSNBC, ratings" turned up good and bad stories, practically every hit that came up for "CNBC, ratings" was about how great they're doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)