Thinking about coming back to Dish

There is talk about offering penalties for game delays to speed the game up some. Having to fix your batting gloves was one of the things mentioned.

Yes they started charging again the new subs after their commitment is up. Which guarantees that the new sub will churn as soon as his contract is up. Brilliant bean counter move by DISH.

Yes they started charging again the new subs after their commitment is up. Which guarantees that the new sub will churn as soon as his contract is up. Brilliant bean counter move by DISH.
Only if they don't have autopay and paperless billing.

I know. He still has me blocked. But maybe, just maybe one of the single dozen people not blocked will let him know.

Even worse, the original plan was to just charge all new subs the HD $10 per month, only allowing current HD for Life subs to be grandfathered HD for Life. That really was implemented for a very short time, was it not, like for a month or so? Thankfully, Dish dumped that terrible plan and returned to the original waiver of the $10 per month HD fee if a sub enrolls in CC Autopay and paperless billing. Thank goodness! :)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I know. He still has me blocked. But maybe, just maybe one of the single dozen people not blocked will let him know.
There you're not blocked anymore. That is good news about the auto pay and paper less billing ,but only if DISH actually tells the new subs that is the deal, otherwise they will still get pissed and churn the first time they see the $10.00 charge on their bills for hd.

There you're not blocked anymore. That is good news about the auto pay and paper less billing ,but only if DISH actually tells the new subs that is the deal, otherwise they will still get pissed and churn the first time they see the $10.00 charge on their bills for hd.
If memory serves me correctly, when they dropped the HDF24 and went back to HDFFL, they automatically switched the folks over. Nobody should have ever seen the $10 charge, unless they stopped their autopay, which is one thing they say in their disclosures. Also, if removing autopay, the agent should be mentioning it as another disclosure, and the computer should as well. I really don't think Churn is affected one way or the other by this at all.

If they didn't make the changes you say they did, I am sure that Churn would be affected. A $10.00 increase without explanation would definitely cause people to leave for the competition.

If they didn't make the changes you say they did, I am sure that Churn would be affected. A $10.00 increase without explanation would definitely cause people to leave for the competition.
Yea, the HDF24 only lasted a few months and I think the lightbulb went on for someone and they said "you know... Let's go back how it was". Probably easier on them also to not have to field those calls.

Reactions: TheKrell
I've been thinking about coming back to Dish Into my first month with Directv. I've tried to like the Genie but overall I think the Hopper is much more advanced. I just like the Hopper with Sling overall with what it has to offer. My HR-44 is constantly disconnecting from my wifi, miss the channel logos in the Guide, hate the DVR list on the Genie.

I've been thinking about coming back to Dish Into my first month with Directv. I've tried to like the Genie but overall I think the Hopper is much more advanced. I just like the Hopper with Sling overall with what it has to offer. My HR-44 is constantly disconnecting from my wifi, miss the channel logos in the Guide, hate the DVR list on the Genie.
It's just funny because the reasons you want to come back to dish, are the reasons people keep complaining about.

It's just funny because the reasons you want to come back to dish, are the reasons people keep complaining about.

Yeah if it was an option to switch between list and tile view then everyone would be happy then. Plus I miss being able to watch live TV from my phone. I know you can do it on directv but it's extra with that Genie Go. Plus I like Dish's Refer a friend system a lot better. I'll definitely call Direct in the fall to see what offers they have but if nothing is great then I'm leaving.

I think your post should be mandatory reading for anyone thinking of switching!

Reactions: satjay
Yea, the HDF24 only lasted a few months and I think the lightbulb went on for someone and they said "you know... Let's go back how it was". Probably easier on them also to not have to field those calls.

And it doesn't hurt that many of us on this web board pointed out what charging for HD would do ,back when they first announced the changes. DISH does read this board, so they get a bit of an idea how some changes will float before they go main stream.

Oh I know that is true. It wasn't just this board. When I was working there, agents flooded their internal forum with it as well, the following weeks of its announcement. I am truly trying to figure out if there was ever support for it. Even during our training for it, was announced that even though it is going into effect, it would likely change before the period was up, and they were going to be testing the waters. Without going into to much detail on stuff that probably shouldn't be released, I don't beleive it was ever intended to last, rather be a trial to test the waters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)