Thinking about cutting the cable (mostly)/ Dish America

I think it has to do with the fact that the EHD can be removed. Once you pay the $40 fee you can plug in a EHD if you want or not. If there was a DVR fee you just know there would be people calling in who only have a 211 saying "I didnt have a hard drive hooked up for 14 days...I shouldnt be charged for a DVR fee" ;)

Gotcha, makes sense. Helluva a deal to allow me to go mostly streaming, but keep a few vital channels like Food,HGTV, History, Disc, TLC, ESPN and ESPN2.

If you are planning to cancel Direct they of course may offer something to keep you but for the set up your looking at getting don't think they can match it. Hope all goes great with the new install!

I figure by using the 211 to record my normal programs on Discovery, Spike, TLC, A&E, etc..., using TiVo/Amazon VOD for all NBC/ABC/CW/Fox, the TiVo for CBS OTA, and Netflix for the premium content, It'll only cost me $10 more per month than I pay now. This gives me the superior PQ of the Amazon VOD service, allows me to still get UFC PPV's, and OWN the Amazon VOD programs. Not bad IMO, beacause I care most about PQ.

They are coming Friday 12-5pm, and I should have the EHD on Wed.

The Amazon season pass service is cool, show will download to the TiVo every morning when it becomes available, automatically.

elway
You do know the 211 can record one OTA and one Sat program at the same time?

Also adding the EHD does give you a longer EPG (I think 9 days and without the EHD its only 2 days)

I was not aware until it was mentioned above, but I do have a TiVo premier for it also. The reason Im downloading stuff from Fox/Abc/NBC/Cw is because my locals suck. CW is pretty good, but the others can be bad. CBS is actually the worst, but until they release the death grip from their content, OTA is best I can do. This was not as much about saving dough, as it was about getting the best PQ I could. The HD file downloads for tv series are pretty darn hard to beat. Hula Plus is another option, but last time I tried it on the Roku, the PQ stunk in HD.

elwaylite said:
I figure by using the 211 to record my normal programs on Discovery, Spike, TLC, A&E, etc..., using TiVo/Amazon VOD for all NBC/ABC/CW/Fox, the TiVo for CBS OTA, and Netflix for the premium content, It'll only cost me $10 more per month than I pay now. This gives me the superior PQ of the Amazon VOD service, allows me to still get UFC PPV's, and OWN the Amazon VOD programs. Not bad IMO, beacause I care most about PQ.

They are coming Friday 12-5pm, and I should have the EHD on Wed.

The Amazon season pass service is cool, show will download to the TiVo every morning when it becomes available, automatically.

To be forewarned, not all techs have been trained to do ehd activations. Like i have never, but im sure its easy enough. Just dont be surprised if the tech does do it for you.

But based on your appeared level of tech saviness im sure you can figure it all out yourself.

I actually printed instructions off the net, some tech paper. I'll hook it all up and all after the tech is done.

You can use chat once you have an acct to get it done. Then you can keep a copy of the transcript. All credit card, Ph number, & acct # info you give them will not show on the transcript. It just shows xxxxx for the digits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts