thinking about dish network

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
I am thinking about resubbing to dish network. I just have cable tv with 2 dvrs and two standard boxes and I am paying $120 a month. The question is how hard is it to get them to work on my past due bill? If I am willing to resub will they be willing to work with me?
Also will i still qualify for new equipment or do I have to buy them on ebay?
lastly I know directv subs that "moved" because direct didn't offer local channels. Is this possible on dish or do the service and billing address have to match?

thank you for your help

The only thing I would venture to answer is the moving question. You can have different billing and service addresses. I wouldn't recommend doing the move for a week or two, then you could change your service- keeping the real billing address.

is there a person i can email at dish about this or is there a number i can call?

I am thinking about resubbing to dish network. I just have cable tv with 2 dvrs and two standard boxes and I am paying $120 a month. The question is how hard is it to get them to work on my past due bill? If I am willing to resub will they be willing to work with me?
Also will i still qualify for new equipment or do I have to buy them on ebay?
lastly I know directv subs that "moved" because direct didn't offer local channels. Is this possible on dish or do the service and billing address have to match?

thank you for your help

Not trying to sound mean, but Dish will noit do anything for you if you have a past due bill. They do not want you back as a customer!

If you want to go back, you need to pay the past due bill, and buy all new equipment with no discounts, promotions and more than likely will only set you up for pay in advance with a Flex TV account.

I have seen this scenario a few hundred times, customer calls to get service, they have a past due bill, customer pays the bill, and then the customer thinks if they will pay the bill they can get new service and come to find out they don't qualify for any offers!

Its the Non-pay disconnect that really irritates Dish, they figure if you left them once owing a ballance your likely to leave again owing a ballance.

Options are flex Tv with Dish, or Directv.

You have past due accounts with Dish AND Directv. Last year you came into the Directv forum saying that your "son" stole your SS number and set up D* service. Only after several posts did you admit it was you that were the son.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...t-service-wont-pay-what-next.html#post1669897

You need to pay all of your past due bills, or you will not be able to get service with anyone.

No one to blame here but you.

I just re-read all of his past posts, IGNORE him!

As far as credit troubles are concerned I can address that for those that thought this thread was going to be useful on that topic. I had bad credit when I signed up for Dish last September. I left DirecTV on good terms (bad credit issue was a couple of years prior and had to do with cable at a previous residence.).

Signing up with Dish required a couple hundred dollars deposit up front, plus the pre-pay for the following month type of thing. I can change packages or do what ever I want with the account as long as changes that incur an additional charge are paid for in advance with at least a debit card. May I say that Dish has been far easier to work with in my credit situation than DirecTV was.

Last edited:
I think my best bet is to declare bankruptcy again. Maybe some companies will want to settle but I bet most won't.

You best bet is, and was, to pay your bills.

This is not a new problem for you going off of your past posting history.
IMHO, you are abusing the system, and/or trolling this forum.

Either way, you will get little sympathy here.

I think my best bet is to declare bankruptcy again. Maybe some companies will want to settle but I bet most won't.

I think your best bet is to become responsible and stop ripping off companies and PAY YOUR BILLS!!

Why on earth would they settle with you when you are so deceitful?

I think it is pure trolling at this point, and it has been for a few years. No one would keep posting this crap, obviously. Every poster I have come across here has more sense than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)