Thinking about getting shelfing the pansat.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wildeye

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
I'm getting tired of my pansat 2700a. Find that its bugy even with the firmware updates. The channel editing is sometimey because not all of the channels will up load. I've found myself having to turn it off so it will find a sat when I get a no signal. Looking around I seen that the price on boxs is still too high. I'm thinking PCI Satellite TV Card right now. Just need to find one with a good user support base.

Yike sorry about the bad grammer on the title....need to proof read more....

Last edited:
Wildeye said:
I'm getting tired of my pansat 2700a. Find that its bugy even with the firmware updates. The channel editing is sometimey because not all of the channels will up load. I've found myself having to turn it off so it will find a sat when I get a no signal. Looking around I seen that the price on boxs is still too high. I'm thinking PCI Satellite TV Card right now. Just need to find one with a good user support base.Yike sorry about the bad grammer on the title....need to proof read more....

Give it a week more and check the price on the boxes again. There seems to be a huge change in supply and demand. Should work in your favor:)

Found the same with my Pansat 2700a. With the latest firmware it will simply drop signal as you indicated, plus every few days it will lock up (no response to remote or front panel inputs) and need to be power-cycled. My patience is still intact as yet, but if it quits during the shuttle launch on NASA TV tomorrow there is a chance it could accidently hit the wall...

It would also be nice if Pansat would post the issues that each firmware update addresses, so I know if an issue I am experiencing has been corrected by that specific revision.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts