Thinking about going back to D*. PQ any better?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

callmebob

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
US
I am thinking about going back to D*. I left a few years ago, prior to the Mpeg 4 rollout because of picture quality. Has the HD picture drastically improved on D* since '06-'07? Is it still "HD-lite"? Thanks.

The HD quality has improved much, yes....... although if you have fios in your area you might want to check it out. many have said their HD pq beats D's pq.

FIOS is in my area, but not my neighborhood and may be a year or more off. I'm looking to fill in that time. My cable HD (Cox) is pretty decent but there's just not enough of it. Add in the tiny 160 gig HDD on my cable DVRs, no online scheduling and 1 week of guide programing and you can see why I want to change, at least until FIOS is avaliable.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys... Directv HD has greatly improved since the switch over to MPEG4... :)

Agree. Had D* 4 years ago and changed to cable because picture was getting unwatchable, even on HD. Came back last month and I think the picture on HD is now very good. SD sucks but if you have D* you watch very few SD channels. Give me 5 or 8 more movie channels in HD and Travel and I will be a happy camper.

FIOS is in my area, but not my neighborhood and may be a year or more off. I'm looking to fill in that time. My cable HD (Cox) is pretty decent but there's just not enough of it. Add in the tiny 160 gig HDD on my cable DVRs, no online scheduling and 1 week of guide programing and you can see why I want to change, at least until FIOS is avaliable.

i hear ya :) so yes Directv would be a great choice. i've been super happy with them since i switched from E. better HD pq with Directv IMO. we're glad to have you here newbie.welcome.....

I am thinking about going back to D*. I left a few years ago, prior to the Mpeg 4 rollout because of picture quality. Has the HD picture drastically improved on D* since '06-'07? Is it still "HD-lite"? Thanks.

YES! It's improved significantly. You'll love DirecTV. And when you subscribe, be sure to PM me first so you can tell them I referred you. :D

I also agree. Directv PQ on HD is noticeably better than Dish Network.

The HD quality has improved much, yes....... although if you have fios in your area you might want to check it out. many have said their HD pq beats D's pq.

D* and Verizon HD PQ is no different. I swear Speed Racer looks like crap on both of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts