Thinking about hopping over from Dish to Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
oh when I called directv, they told me the dvr fee $25 monthly for the genie, so I said no way

oh when I called directv, they told me the dvr fee $25 monthly for the genie, so I said no way

Yeah, that's what it's costing me right now. But, i think the first year was free, the second year was discounted. Now it's $25 a month. I guess they call it "advanced receiver fee". Ridiculous!!!!

If you get a Genie, you get the Advanced Receiver Fee ( I think that is what they call it now), it is $25/month and is per account, not per receiver.

As a new customer, you get a $10/month discount for the HD portion of that fee for 2 years under the current new/returning customer deals, making the net $15/month.

The $25 fee you guys are reading about is 3 fees put together .... the HD fee is 10 dollars, that is credited back to you for the first 2 years, the DVR fee is also 10 dollars and appearntly they MRV/WH whatever they call it now, is 5.

The HD fee. covers all recvrs on the account.
The DVR fee covers all recvrs on the account.
The Whole Home fee also covers the wbole account.

So, your actually paying the 25 dollars on the 1st recvr and the rest of the recvrs are free for those items.

If I recall correctly, the "$25" is actually the DVR fee, HD fee and whole-home DVR fee rolled into one overall fee.

In other words, I don't believe it's much different from service provider to service provider -- except that some (like AT&T's high-end U-verse plan) include the fee as a part of the overall package.

Yep, it is similar with both D* and E* too.

D* charges $25 as an Advanced Receiver Fee, and for new/returning customers, rebates $10 of it back for 2 years. Net cost $15/month
E* charges $12 Whole Home DVR fee + HD Fee of $10 and waives the HD fee for 2 years for new/returning customers. Net cost $12/month

I would speak with a CSR about getting the HD fee waived with autopay, On top of the ARF $10 credit for 12 months, That could be $20 credit on top of the package discount for 12 months, Unless the HD fee is already waived with autopay and paperless billing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts