Thinking about Switching to D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

isaacmorseMI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2009
Southwest Michigan
Thinking about leaving E. Would get the the Premier free for 5 months with the ST and then downgrade. Can you have multiple discounts? We would use the Referral discount and the AAA one. We would have six Receivers.

#1-HD DVR-HR24
#2-HD-H24
#3-HD-H24
#4-HD-H24
5-Standard-D12
6-Standard-D12

How does the Whole Home DVR work?

Thanks

If you can afford it, go for a second HD-DVR. It will cost you more money if you decide to add it after your first installation. As mentioned above, WHD will not work with the SD receivers. Also you cannot pause live TV on the H24 receivers only on the DVR which makes sense because they don't have a hard drive to buffer the video. You can pause any recorded shows with the H24s though.

If you can afford it, go for a second HD-DVR. It will cost you more money if you decide to add it after your first installation. As mentioned above, WHD will not work with the SD receivers. Also you cannot pause live TV on the H24 receivers only on the DVR which makes sense because they don't have a hard drive to buffer the video. You can pause any recorded shows with the H24s though.

Since the second HD-DVR is only 99. I will do that. What technology does the Whole Home DVR use? Do I need a wired network connection or is it via MoCa, or something else?

Since the second HD-DVR is only 99. I will do that. What technology does the Whole Home DVR use? Do I need a wired network connection or is it via MoCa, or something else?

It's called DECA (DIRECTV Ethernet over Coax Adapter). They use coax cable to connect the local home network to your router.

To the OP. I am in the same boat. Currently looking at leaving Dish and wonder if I can combine the discounts AAA and refer a friend. I'll follow the thread and see what people tell us.

I don't know, that will depend on the installer after looking at your setup. Where's the router? They could probably run a coax cable to where the router is but like I said that depends on the installer.

The router is in a Bedroom. We have the Comcast Internet on the coax that is going into there. Will they run another coax cable?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)