Thinking about switching to Directv in Tulsa DMA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dembinskij

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Grove, OK (Tulsa, OK DMA)
I am considering the switch to Directv. I am with Dish right now and tired of all the broken promises. I use to live in the Joplin,MO/Pittsburg,KS market where there were no locals thats why I went with Dish at first because of the locals, and there wasn't so many hds back then. I have moved to the Tulsa, OK market and now see directv has the major 4 networks in hd. Dish just uplinked ABC, CBS, & NBC last week and they are still having issues with the stations. Just wondering if it is worth buying my contract out because that is the only thing stopping me from switching to Directv, or will I have issues with Directv too?

I'm in Tulsa, had a couple of issues with install and equipment at first, but a little patience and a couple of weeks later I was installed and all set - have not had one single problem since then.

MUCH prefer the service to the Dish service I gave up. I paid early termination to get out of my dish contract with around 4 months left on my contract. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I have an OTA antenna setup and cannot see much of a difference between the OTA setup and the Directv delivered locals.

What kind of "issues" are you having with the Dish locals? How much time do you have left on your contract?

Only you can make the call on the programming and price.

If Dish has the programming that you like for the price you are willing to pay .. stick with them. If you are jumping ship just for Fox 23 .. I'm not sure it would be worth it .... but if they have other things that you would like to see over and above what dish offers ... go for it.

:)

I'm not sure I would go back to Dish now I've had Directv for close to 12 months. The price is pretty much the same, the service and setup just seems a little more "professional" to me.

Well the issues I am having with my locals in hd on dish is it takes anywhere from 3-10 seconds to tune into the local HD's. I had a tech come out and he said dish knew of this issue and was working out some bugs give it about a week and it will be good. Well their week is almost up.

FOX 23 is not the only reason why I am wating to switch. Directv has more hds and from what I have seen looks like a better picture.

Also doesn't Directv have FOX Sports Net Oklahoma on a full time station (679)? On Dish it is only on the alternate sports channels, and it jumps around from channels 444-453. As soon as a game and and the post game show are over it gets shut down. Very frustrating to try find it when you know it is supposed to be on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts