Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

givemetoro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
I had a few questions about receivers...

The lady is tired of having to share the TV in the living room (and I am as well) I was looking on eBay at some receivers but had a few questions...

The first being if we just went with a standard HD Receiver, without DVR what is the current model that is being used?

Secondly, my 1080p TV doesn't support 1080/24 apparently. I heard that they're going to have to release newer receivers for support as it was a hardware issue and wasn't software based... so any word on new receivers in the works?

I only ask that because it might be work my time to wait, get a new receiver that supports 1080 on my television and then take my old HR22 and move it to the bedroom.

Thank you kindly.

Sorry but I haven't seen/heard anything about a new receiver that will do 1080p/60, where did you hear that from?

I hadn't heard that it was actually "in the works" just that it would have to a newly released receiver beings it was a hardware based issue.

The only reason to remotely worry about 1080P is for VOD access because broadcast 1080P is many lunar cycles away. The fact that DTV enabled any variant of 1080P via a software update leads me to believe they can make major changes to our boxes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts