Thinking about switching to Dish, have hardware questions

612 is used only in single mode. It is like a dual tuner and it does not have PIP features. The 622/722/722k can be used in dual mode or single mode with PiP features. That is why you don't see much on the 612. As for fastness all VIP dvrs are lightening fast in comparison to DIRECTV's HR series of dvrs. Like they advertise : "better than Tivo!"

Can't have hd signal on tv2 tho if you have 2 hd tvs you may want 2 612s. If only they could make that dish comm tech work for sharing recordings between vip receivers omg that would blow away "home media dvrs". I don't see why they cant do it dish comm latest spec is pretty much 100mbps no more need for moving hard drive around!

Yeah that would be nice. I guess I won't be switching anytime soon. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but I'm under contract with D* until next June. I want to switch to Dish, but it's not worth a 200 some dollar early termination fee to do so. So I guess I gotta wait.

You will love the Dish DVRs. They are the best. I understand your frustration with Directv DVRs. They are JUNK.
:rolleyes:
They are not junk. The VIPs maybe better, the the DirecTV DVRs are not even close to being junk. Much better than TiVO and Motorola.

612 is used only in single mode. It is like a dual tuner and it does not have PIP features. The 622/722/722k can be used in dual mode or single mode with PiP features. That is why you don't see much on the 612. As for fastness all VIP dvrs are lightening fast in comparison to DIRECTV's HR series of dvrs. Like they advertise : "better than Tivo!"
LOL. At least they can say something.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)