Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
With the 2/9 change to the new Choice Xtra package, there are channels being removed from what they sell currently.

If you ever thought of upgrading to Choice Xtra, and like any of the channels below, do it before 2/9 and be grandfathered under Choice Xtra Classic. These channels will require Choice Ultimate with the changes:

Boomerang
CBS Sports Channel
Chiller
Golf Channel
NHL Network
Sprout
Style
Tennis Channel

Also remember as discussed about a month ago, Cloo (formerly Sleuth) is moving to Choice Ultimate and will not be grandfathered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the clearification with grandfathering. I have choice extra now, good to see I won't lose these to ultimate

yeah Directv mentioned that the Choice Xtra Classic wont have those chanels missing (except Cloo)

Good to know. Now we know the difference between the classic and the new. The classic gets more channels for the same amount of money.

Ice,
Keep in mind, when your package changes to the classic you will no longer be able to make programming changes online. You will not be able to remove the HD Extra and add it back yourself.

Ice,
Keep in mind, when you package changes to the classic, you will no longer be able to make programming changes online. You will not be able to remove the HD Extra and add it back yourself.

well I better do it tonight then one last time ;)

Good to know. Now we know the difference between the classic and the new. The classic gets more channels for the same amount of money.

Ice,
Keep in mind, when your package changes to the classic you will no longer be able to make programming changes online. You will not be able to remove the HD Extra and add it back yourself.

well I better do it tonight then one last time ;)

thanks just did :).

I think my 3 months runs until end of month but might as well do it.
The only thing I watch on there is the wrestling reruns if I have too many things set on Friday :)

DodgerKing said:

Ice,

That's stinks, I have enjoyed the hd extra pack!

you have to remove it with a rep but I think it still shows as free for 3 months online again after its removed ;)

Two channels are keeping me with Xtra Classic - NFL and Golf.

I'm gonna hate having to call to make program changes though! :(

I'm gonna hate having to call to make program changes though! :(

other than the HD extra pack every 3 months and last year I added Showtime for like 2 months so I could record that show "Shameless" for my mom I havent made any programming changes in the 2 years I've had D* so I'm not worried

Iceberg said:
other than the HD extra pack every 3 months and last year I added Showtime for like 2 months so I could record that show "Shameless" for my mom I havent made any programming changes in the 2 years I've had D* so I'm not worried

And now your going to shoot yourself in the foot for that statement! You're gonna see something and be "ohhhh, I'd like that!" and change lol :D

Wonder if now , D* is gonna charge you for talking to a CSR, seeing they are taking away the ability to change programming on your own ... another way to make money.

Tell us we can't change it online, but we have to pay to have a CSR do it for us.

Wait times are long enough, can't wait to see what they look like once something like this takes place.

And now your going to shoot yourself in the foot for that statement! You're gonna see something and be "ohhhh, I'd like that!" and change lol :D

nope. I dont watch movies and right now I'm on what I think is "the best package" (Choice Xtra Classic). :)

Wait times are long enough, can't wait to see what they look like once something like this takes place.

really? I think the longest I've waited was 10 minutes...usually less than 3
Hell I waited 8 minutes for a Qwest rep when the wait time was "less than a minute"

Wonder if now , D* is gonna charge you for talking to a CSR, seeing they are taking away the ability to change programming on your own ... another way to make money.

Tell us we can't change it online, but we have to pay to have a CSR do it for us.

They are not doing anything different than they are already doing. The issue is those of us with grandfathered packages are not able to make changes on-line. Those that currently have Choice Extra will be switched to Choice Extra Classic. Choice Extra Classic will become a grandfathered package.

They are not doing anything different than they are already doing. The issue is those of us with grandfathered packages are not able to make changes on-line. Those that currently have Choice Extra will be switched to Choice Extra Classic. Choice Extra Classic will become a grandfathered package.

That would include me....

TC+

That said, I rarely ever change packages ...

Last edited:
DodgerKing said:

Well that stinks! :) I like adding that HD pack online. :D

The Choice Xtra package currently does not list my locals. I wonder if they have been removed or just omitted? None of the other packages show them either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)