Thinking cutting the cord

So far using the Airtv anywhere 4 tuner ota dvr with Slingtv is working great. After I got a new Amazon 3rd gen 4k firestick, the problems I was having using my Roku vanished. It seems to work best using the lowest setting for bandwith even though I get 200mpbs . Using higher makes more buffering on the ota recordings. The Slingtv Blue pack $35.00 + Total tv deal $21.00 +Starz $9.00 = $65.00 is a great entertainment deal. I love all the channels I can get with it and I get all the channels I couldn't get with DISH Flex pack. The best part is No extra receiver fees and the 200 hour dvr is only $5.00 included in the Total Tv deal. I don't see me going back with satellite come September.

So far using the Airtv anywhere 4 tuner ota dvr with Slingtv is working great. After I got a new Amazon 3rd gen 4k firestick, the problems I was having using my Roku vanished. It seems to work best using the lowest setting for bandwith even though I get 200mpbs . Using higher makes more buffering on the ota recordings. The Slingtv Blue pack $35.00 + Total tv deal $21.00 +Starz $9.00 = $65.00 is a great entertainment deal. I love all the channels I can get with it and I get all the channels I couldn't get with DISH Flex pack. The best part is No extra receiver fees and the 200 hour dvr is only $5.00 included in the Total Tv deal. I don't see me going back with satellite come September.
Stop by sometime to say hello!!!

Tried that a couple of weeks ago. The chat rep was completely useless. Couldn't offer me any kind of discounts despite being a 20+ year customer. The only option he could offer was to drop to a lower package.
Try loyalty instead.Yes you will have to dial an actual number and be on hold and actually talk to a person (someone complained about the process which is why I'm telling you upfront).Most people get a 15 dollar discount/month if not better.Chat can't do much.888-496-1260 last I knew.

Reactions: pattykay
How depressing, even the satellite diehards are leaving :crying2

I do get it...there's just so many options and so much streaming content out there that satellite really is a dinosaur.

I left after 24 years last year. Very sad moment actually - but sling doesn’t everything and more.

several Apple TV 4K’s and HD Home run Quattro is all the equipment we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've also been a Dish customer for the last 25 yrs or so. Thinking about cutting the cord, when my contract is up in 6 months. I need a streaming service w/ NESN. Right now, it's only FuboTV.
I'd save ~$56 switching. Family will want Netflix and Disney+ /Hulu / Espn+ , so savings will drop to ~$25 a month, but access to alot more shows, movies ,etc..

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I have been with Dish almost from their beginning. I would drop them immediately except that my wife has recorded many movies and keeps them on external disc drives. I think that they would disappear if I dropped dish and she would be pissed. The reason that I would like to part ways with Dish is that I cannot watch Cubs and White Sox baseball games. My neighbors who have other services have no trouble watching these games. I would like to know why they are not available to watch and what do I need to do to make them available again.

I have been with Dish almost from their beginning. I would drop them immediately except that my wife has recorded many movies and keeps them on external disc drives. I think that they would disappear if I dropped dish and she would be pissed. The reason that I would like to part ways with Dish is that I cannot watch Cubs and White Sox baseball games. My neighbors who have other services have no trouble watching these games. I would like to know why they are not available to watch and what do I need to do to make them available again.
Have you tried other services to see if they have the movies. If they come from TCM HBO Max has that on their website.

That lineup choice looked compelling so I checked the sling tv site since you got me interested.
Unfortunately, the sports package only seems to include ESPNU and ESPN News. With the NHL moving to ESPN and ESPN + this coming season - that's a tough choice.

Also, for me, not having CNBC would be a loss. Also, I don't see a locals package available. I'd be curious to see if networks like MLBN and NHLN alternate channels are included.

But otherwise, my wife would be completely happy with the overall lineup!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
There is also the orange pack if you like more sports channels and for $50.00 you can get both orange and blue packs. Sling has many other packs you can add or lose if you don't want them. It is the cheaper of the streaming services with live tv. As for the locals , as I explained you would need to purchase the Airtv Anywhere 4 tuner model to get all 4 ota networks. It' s like $199.99 but worth it for those who like to watch and record locals by antenna. The best part is NO EXTRA receiver fees or expensive DVR fees. Just $5.00 for the cloud dvr to record 200 hours of regular cable like channels. The Airtv anywhere for ota can record up to 160 hours of shows. That is more than enough for us. I never used the entire 16 tuners in the Hopper 3 at one time. There simply isn't enough that I watch anymore to justify the $15.00 dvr fee anymore.

I cut the cord over a year ago and played around with nearly every live streaming service that had the channels I thought i wanted. I mostly watch scripted shows and noticed that there was nearly nothing on that was new and interesting except for the broadcast channels. Some of that certainly caused by the Covid rules.
So about a month ago I decided to cut off the live streamers and just use some of the on demand services plus the antenna/OTA DVR. While that does reduce the amount of sports available to me, I’ve found I don’t really miss them since they weren’t a big part of my viewing anyway. Broadcast channels cover golf well enough, and pro football is covered in many ways when the season starts up again. The only sport not covered much at all this way is Boxing, but I can live without it.
The on demand services I’m using are the ones I’ve usually had even when I was subscribing to a live streamer, so the monthly bill is much lower. And I use annual deals for them when it is a service I usually keep on all the time.
But there are some I just kick on and off and binge watch. Like Cinemax, Showtime, Epix and others. My average now is something less than $50/month.