Thinking of canceling dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kozmo104

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Flint Michigan area
We are considering of canceling our dish service after 10 plus years. Just isn't worth it any more. My question is do they ask for the boxed and dish back? Will they send some one out or empty boxes to ship back? Thank you

We are considering of canceling our dish service after 10 plus years. Just isn't worth it any more. My question is do they ask for the boxed and dish back? Will they send some one out or empty boxes to ship back? Thank you

They will want the boxes back so they will ship you those to return. They don't normally want anything else like Dish parts..if they do you can tell them to send a tech after them to save you the trouble if its hard to get to.

When you call to cancel they will let you know what has to be returned. If they say the LNB or remote has to be no sense in arguing, just don't return those as DISH will not expect them if you can't easily get them.

Reactions: ChadT41
If you have other options, try UVerse. I think they are a better deal. I got spoiled by the Hopper though, and thus had to buy a Slingbox (made by Dish) and it is much more versatile. Plus no more outages when it gets cloudy before it rains.

They send you a box and a return label, which will cost you $17. Fair enough, can't complain since I was given a nice bonus by AT&T to switch.

Last edited:
As the prices creep up on everything not just dish, I am drawing near cancellation of tv since it is a luxury. I don't feel the value in 100.00 a month tv service. 100.00 isn't much anymore but its a little chunk.

Reactions: bwexler
Yes I'm testing out my Roku more with Amazon Prime as well as OTA, since Fox dispute I usually watch FNC been a habit for long time now, Thank you both Fox & Dish for getting that monkey off my back,
I didn't realize CNN also has some damn fine looking women commentators. But at over $150. for AEP and having seen almost every movie that's currently airing on HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz etc..
Why am I paying for something I'm not finding useful at the moment, the wife is content with watching Prime Time on the networks that I can get for free OTA. I think 2015 is going to be a defining year as to what
I use for Entertainment, do I continue with Dish or drop it and go with IPTV and OTA.

Reactions: bwexler
same here i just dropped my AEP to the AT200. i have netflix on a roku. i also have c and ku free to air as well as an OTA antenna that gets 20 locals.

What is recommended to get from the customer Service Rep when you cancel your account. Do you get a confirm number, email notice. How do you know for sure the account will be cancelled? Any other advice, aware of shipping back the equipment at 17/box. Other than a tracking number do the boxes dish send with this price, are they insured?

Account runs from 1/4/15-2/3/15 and was paid in advance, so a credit is setting in the account which the fees for shipping can be charged against, then hopeful I will get a pro rated check in the mail for the difference. Account is paid by check.

Plan on making the cancel call today.. Thanks for any tips in advance

Thanks bob

What is recommended to get from the customer Service Rep when you cancel your account. Do you get a confirm number, email notice. How do you know for sure the account will be cancelled? Any other advice, aware of shipping back the equipment at 17/box. Other than a tracking number do the boxes dish send with this price, are they insured?

Account runs from 1/4/15-2/3/15 and was paid in advance, so a credit is setting in the account which the fees for shipping can be charged against, then hopeful I will get a pro rated check in the mail for the difference. Account is paid by check.

Plan on making the cancel call today.. Thanks for any tips in advance

Thanks bob
You should get a confirmation email, but in case you do not, one good way to know the account is cancelled is by trying to log into mydish.com. You will no longer have access if that account is cancelled.
There is no specific insurance on the boxes other than what is normally covered by UPS. The tracking number is your insurance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts