Status
Please reply by conversation.

Boobie1998

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hi All,

I like to ask how long do you have to be gone from D* to be consider a new customer coming back? Is there another credit check if i do? Do they reinstate old account or open new one? I take it only get promo if im consider new customer or would they offer me something? What about for 2 hd-dvr boxes, any discount?

Thanks

Boobie1998

They make offers to return customers if they left in good standing as little as a few months. For a complete new customer offer probably a year to two.

Call them, you'd probably get a decent offer. The first HD-DVR is generally free, a second one is generally $99. You may want to read into the Home Media Center and consider that for the $99 startup cost instead, it records 5 things at once.

Do you know if there another credit check if i do? Do they reinstate old account or open new one?
New customers will get a credit check to determin what customer offers you can receive. Your not considered a new customer for a while, and if you left with a balance of anykind, you will not receive any new discounts.

If your last time around was subpar, you can almost bet you won't get anything.

When I left I paid bill so I have a 0.00 balance with them. Since its been 3 month and 3 weeks since disconnect I cant get current promo would i have a change on getting at least 2 hddvr at a good price like the offer says 1 for free and 1 for $99? I also had in the mail a winback offer but i lost the mailer so i don't remember the offer.

When I left I paid bill so I have a 0.00 balance with them. Since its been 3 month and 3 weeks since disconnect I cant get current promo would i have a change on getting at least 2 hddvr at a good price like the offer says 1 for free and 1 for $99? I also had in the mail a winback offer but i lost the mailer so i don't remember the offer.
OK your not a New customer after 3 months of being gone, If you get a winback offer , its still based on appoved credit.

They are going to check your credit!

When they pull your credit report, its good for only 30 days to them.

I'm ok with the credit check but would I get any discount at least on 2 hddvr since I won't on the programming package. I'm sorry if it seems I'm not understanding.

I'm ok with the credit check but would I get any discount at least on 2 hddvr since I won't on the programming package. I'm sorry if it seems I'm not understanding.
You may, the best thing to do is call them.

Directv is the only onces that can tell you what credits you can get. New customers don't get 2 free HD DVRs. Depending on Directv decision your going to pay $99-600 for 2 HD DVRs or 1 HD DVR and Media center.

1 800 531 5000

I left DirecTV last September only to return in June as a new customer. I was able to get the advertised deals as well as the HR34 as part of my new install for $99.

AMike said:
I left DirecTV last September only to return in June as a new customer. I was able to get the advertised deals as well as the HR34 as part of my new install for $99.

Curious, did u set it up online or u called in? New acct or reinstate old one?

I set it up online via a special offer from Costco, but I had to call in after the fact to correct my online order. They created a brand new account for me.

If you have good credit, paid your bill on time, and have no balance owed to them, you are someone they want to do business with, if you honored your 2 year contract. My guess is you will get the new customer offer if you demand it.

Hi All,

I like to ask how long do you have to be gone from D* to be consider a new customer coming back? Is there another credit check if i do? Do they reinstate old account or open new one? I take it only get promo if im consider new customer or would they offer me something? What about for 2 hd-dvr boxes, any discount?

Thanks

Boobie1998

I left DirecTV in March, and just signed up again today. While I didn't officially get the new customer offer, they essentially discounted everything to the point that the new customer offer is what I got ($29 off 1st year, $10 off 2nd year, HBO etc for 3 mos, Sunday Ticket free, Free HD DVR + HD receivers, etc). They also gave me $200 toward my early cancellation fee with Dish. I was a loyal customer in good standing for 5 years before I cancelled, and I think that was taken into consideration. I'm looking forward to the new equipment ( I had the HR20 before).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts