Thinking of Ditching Locals In Atlanta

slick1ru2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
The South
Considering going the antenna route and gave a heads up to the HOA with the FCC link. They come back with give us the details for approval. Sent an email back, saying that will delay me and increase cost, because I will need the guy to make 2 trips and both spelled out on the link as illegal. Haven't heard back. Anyway, if I get everything set up, I can still DVR those shows right? Going through the receiver and mapping they show on the guide correct?

Yes & No

Considering going the antenna route and gave a heads up to the HOA with the FCC link. They come back with give us the details for approval. Sent an email back, saying that will delay me and increase cost, because I will need the guy to make 2 trips. Haven't heard back. Anyway, if I get everything set up, I can still DVR those shows right? Going through the receiver and mapping?

You can still record but you won't have guide anymore. You will have to use all manual timers for all the shows you get OTA. The $$ you pay for locals supplies your name based guide.

Also IIRC if locals are available you have to take locals now.
I recently signed up for Top 250 and was not required to take the locals, even though they are available. I specifically asked to forgo the locals, since I receive them very well from two different markets OTA.

Ed

If you do a lot of OTA recording, it's well worth having locals.

OK so how does it work? Is there anything I need like a module I have seen are needed for some receivers? I am adding it to the 612 and 622. How does it show up on the guide vs the Dish locals? Is it worth it to split it off to the TV tuner? Just wondering if there might be a difference in the tuners and what they can pull in. Also, since ABC broadcasts in 720p and Dish ups it to 1080i, will it do that to the locals? Sorry for all the questions. It almost sounds like I should just go into the TV tuner and leave it off the Dish receiver, unless there is a possibily of getting more channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)