Thinking of getting Dish, have questions on the 922

hahler2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Ashton, SD
Ok so I called Dish and talked to them for awhile today. They are offering me a great deal that I'm finding hard to pass up. $150 up front cost for a 722k and a 922. Do you guys think this is a good deal and I should go for it or is the 922 pretty buggy and I should just go with two 722k's?

Also, the sling capabilities on the 922. How are they? I have an iPad 3G. Will I be able to watch programming off my 922 on my iPad? I also want to be able to watch recordings off my 922 on my other HDTV (the one that will have the 722) in HD. How would a person go about doing this?

Ok I did some more research and it looks like I could get by with just one 922 and the multi-room extender. Then I wouldn't even need the 722 in the living room. So that leads to another question. Does anyone have any idea when the multi-room extender will be released?

Supposedly by December is the latest rumor. The 922 has a lot of catching up in software to be as good as the 722k is now. So I doubt that we will see the hd media extender anytime soon. I've had the 922 going over a month now and I have seen no software updates in that time. Still can't use my external hard drive the way I did on my 722k.

Yep, I was hoping for a little more action on software upgrades also. I have tons of programs I need to archive.

Once the 922 has the bugs worked out and has the external HD *AND* streaming video from a PC via DNLA like DireCTV has I will for sure switch to Dish.
I check here often for updates. Thank you.
Hope they work the little bugs out soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)