Thinking of getting HITS service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
Hey guys i've finally decided to join your great forum after reading and learning about the 4d systems.I regret I couldn't get into it in it's hayday, but i'm so over the high bills I've been getting with dish and direct.I have a few questions. Im new to the whole big dish setup, but I thought id run it past you guys as what the best equipment to get is and what im trying to do.I wanna get a fta receiver, mainly for me, and a 4d for the hits services. What size dish should I start with, what all would I need to get it running like lnb wise. I wanna be able to get cband and the mu channels.As for as receivers I have already ordered me a azbox premium plus hd from ricks. I have so many questions and im new so I hope u guys can help.

I've been to skyvision but I think they are out of stock. I want a setup they will be good for the azbox as well. Also ill need a gbox as well to move my dish correct. What type of lnb and motor should I get?

I think what HITS did / doing for existing customers is great, but hard to compare to Cable or Little Dish.
The "full subscription" for each Room and no HD, and no ESPN is a downer for me. (yes, I know you can feed other rooms from 1 box, but you must watch the same channel at the same time)
While the Picture Quality on a SD TV is great, it still does not look that good on an HD TV

For a Motor, but what you can afford and fits the Dish (bigger isn't always better), keep in mind that a DSR 905 can not control a Motor, so you will need a GBox / VBox for positioning.
As for an LNB, the 741 or 241 from Galaxy Marketing should do just fine for both the 905 and AZBox.

im in NC near monroe/charlotte area

I also got the 185cm special and i locked in good with 99 west...old programs,sports and a few networks.However i purchsed an actuator and bought cable for it,but decided that no other sats stand out unless im a religious guy,so maybe 95 west il give it a try.Macgod hope all is working for you...it is hard work and i keep driving my family insane with the signal meter beeps ..but hey its a hobby.

I have an old 7.5 foot mesh dish from 1992 & use the 922 to move it & to control the lnb for the OpenBox. I currently don't get hits but working on that by getting a second, stand alone dish dedicated to X4 where a 410 receiver will be connected to. Out my way, you can spot the old BUDs all along the highway. When it gets warmer, I plan to find a decent looking one & offering the homeowner to dispose of one & then plant it in my back yard. The 410 is what's going to be hard to find. But a converted 922 will work too, even if it's been bricked, & if it's on X4 24/7, the guide issues shouldn't be a problem. In theory that is.
By the way, I am only C-band at this time & not sure how well KU band will work with one of these mesh BUDs.
I've also moved 3 times since 1992. Every time I moved, I would place the dish on G5 (at that time anyway) then disconnected the cable & all the wires, loosened the bolts that hold the dish on the pole, & with a helper, slid it off the pole & set it carefully in the back of a pickup. Remounting the BUD at it's new home on a new, perfectly plumb pole, was a breeze. I would slide the whole BUD assembly onto the new pole, barely snug the bolts, then turn the entire BUD assembly back & forth on the pole until G5 came in nice & strong. Then tighten everything down & I was done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)