Thinking of Going To Dish From Directv

kyfan

Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
I'm thinking of going to Dish from Directv. I know I will if Dish adds Epix HD. I'm a movie fan and Dish seems to have a better selection of movie channels. My local channels are from Lexington, Ky. Would I be on the eastern arc or western arc? Would I get all the HD channels if on the eastern arc? Would all my local channels be on the eastern arc? Some of them are not in HD on Dish. Thank you for any help.

I'm thinking of going to Dish from Directv. I know I will if Dish adds Epix HD. I'm a movie fan and Dish seems to have a better selection of movie channels. My local channels are from Lexington, Ky. Would I be on the eastern arc or western arc? Would I get all the HD channels if on the eastern arc? Would all my local channels be on the eastern arc? Some of them are not in HD on Dish. Thank you for any help.

If you listen to this weeks Satellite Guys Radio Show they said
that Dish might add EPIX HD on Monday April 19th.

SatelliteGuys.US Radio on Blog Talk Radio

Also there is a tab for The List! at the top of the page which has all programming by satellite along with spotbeam maps, etc. When reaching The List! homepage, click on the Subscription List Home tab and then whatever orbital you desire. WA is 110/119/129 and EA is 61.5/72.7/77.

You will also like Dishs HD DVRs. Much better than DTVs.

Compare the full price & fee list prior to the switch. Lots of little fees other than just the lump package price that gets displayed. Also, be prepared for awful phone support. If that is the same on DTV than it'll be a wash for you.

The HD DVRs are nice, however, and have very good functionality. New Sling features are nice as well w/ the iPhone app and web access.

I had dish installed yesterday. I had a great installer. He did a really did a neat job. I have a 722k. I was really amazed at how much faster it is than directs receivers. I get a really good picture. I have one question about the guide. Is there anyway to hide the SD duplicates of the HD channels? I know you could on Directv's guide.

There are three ways.

1. Select the HD only List (press guide button until HD is displayed).
2. Create a favorites list with only the channels you want to watch.
3. Lock out and hide the SD channels you do not want to appear in the guide.

I do not think it is possible to hide that. You can list all the HD channels. I have my own list created, which was easy.

You can also save it back to the remote in case you loose the list.

I wish they hide the SD channels when HD is available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)