Thinking of signing up.........

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnsprite

Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
usa
Just a few questions. I have been thinking of signing up with dish network for quite sometime but I need help with some details. First off, I have been thinking of signing up with dishpronto because it seems as though they have some good deals. What does everyone think of dishpronto? Any experience? Any other places that I should consider ordering with? Next, I have a question about local channels. I have noticed that on dishnetworks website that the 19.99 deal is now for 24.99. I know that the 24.99 includes local channels, but what if I don't want the local channels, can I choose not to get them? Lastly, is the 24 month commitment mandatory for the deal? I have always assumed it was, but I have recently heard conflicting statements, and since I am already ranting, I figured I would see about that also. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I wanted to add one more question that I forgot to add to my original post. What are the taxes like? How close are you to 19.99 a month after all the damage has been done? Again thanks for the help.

This is the last one, I promise. Dishpronto, one of the reasons I am considering them is because they advertise free HD channels with the 19.99 package. I thought this was odd considering they are the only retailer I have seen that offers that. If anyone has any insight it sure would be appreciated.

$24.99/19.99 without locals is for 12 months only. Yes you can choose not to get local channels. NO you can not get HD Channels for Free. You will pay $10 more for HD Channels regardless of who installs your system. Taxes depend on your state.. Here in Alabama we have no satellite tax, although there is a small lease fee tax on the equipment. Less than a buck normally, while in neighboring Florida the Sat Tax is extremely High, between 8 and 10 bucks I believe.
I know nothing about Dish Pronto.. All I know is Dish Network is Dish Network.. Same deals no matter who does the work.. From some of what I see you mentioning, I would suggest you look for the fine Print on the info.

24 month committment is not mandatory.. But you will pay a fee for not taking it.

I would suggest you dealing with a local Retailer, or even with the Dish Store that is connected to this site..

You'll want locals through Dish anyway even if you get 'em OTA because that's the only way to get the local programming info in the guide. This is especially true if you get a DVR and want to set timers to record locals. It can be done without the info in the guide but it's a PITA.

Ed

You'll want locals through Dish anyway even if you get 'em OTA because that's the only way to get the local programming info in the guide. This is especially true if you get a DVR and want to set timers to record locals. It can be done without the info in the guide but it's a PITA.

Ed

+1

Thanks for all the help everyone. It is greatly appreciated. I am located here in Indiana. Does anyone know what the taxes are like here? Yeah, I got a felling that dishpronto must be up to something because on their website they advertise free HD channels. If not dishpronto, what does everyone think of the Dish Store? Do they require local channels? Also, what is the fee if I choose not to do the 2 year agreement. Thanks again guys, you all are very knowledgeable.

Be aware of online deals. Most of them charge $30 - $50 one time non refundable processing fee. I know local dealer doesn't charge you any processing fee. I would go with local dealer instead of online people. HD is $10/month with any package. All offers are fixed by DISH Network so nobody can offer you anything extra in bill. Some online dealer do offer free free ipod shuffle or DVD Players or something like that but they do charge $40 shipping and handling fee so nothing is free anyways.
I would advise not to buy from any online dealer. Go with Local people.

Dishstore does not charge a processing fee and we actually pay out a $50-$75 rebate depending on the package you sign up for.

No Satellite tax in Indiana according to my chart, however you would be subject to sales tax on the equipment rental portion of the bill which is about 72 cents per receiver.

Here is our website...
DISH Network - Satellite TV

Here is our rebate form...
http://satelliteguys.us/metro25/dishstoresite/rebate-form.pdf

Claude,
I have a few more questions regarding the Dish Store. Do I have the option to choose whether or not to get local channels? Also, do I have to sign a two year agreement to get one of the deals? If not how much more would it be? Thanks again everyone.

Claude,
Well I just finsihed reading over the Dishstore website and I got my answer to the 24 month commitment, but I am still unclear about the local channels. If I dont have to get locals that would be great. One more question, I see the cinemax deal is only good till the 31 of January. I thought I read that all I need to get the deal is a valid email address. I thought i saw an "or" in their. Sorry for all the questions, but I am grateful for all the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts