Thinking of switch to Direct.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

leah00

Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
Missouri
I really want to switch (I'm upset with Dish right now) but I'm confused about something.

Do I really have to have a receiver for each TV??

Currently with Dish I have two TVs hooked up and I have one receiver with DVR ($7 a month). I can record from both TVs and watch different shows.

I was wanting to switch to Direct but I'm being told that I need to have a receiver for each TV and pay a $6 charge for each TV.

Do they not have anything comparable to what I have now with Dish?

:welcome to Satelliteguys leah00!

Not exactly, but you can use a tv that has rvu capability. Many Samsungs tvs do. The other method is to use a modulator and run a coaxial cable to the other tv. You can only watch one channel though, not two like with Dish.

Ok, another question. I have a little flyer here from Direct and it says in small print something about an "advanced receiver" charge at $25 a month... What in the world is that?

Ok, another question. I have a little flyer here from Direct and it says in small print something about an "advanced receiver" charge at $25 a month... What in the world is that?

That is the different fees all bundled together, that would cover the HD fee (which you only pay on one TV, the fee covers the whole account) plus the DVR fee which also covers the whole account, plus the Whole Home fee, I think that covers everything in that $25 ...

But like I said, the DVR and HD fee is a one fee for the whole account, not per recvr ... I think Dish does it by the recvr, making them much more expensive.

Great recommend him to buy a expensive TV just for the boxless RVU capability:), Like previously said 1st receiver fee is waived and just pay $6 for the second TV, and $25 ARF is HD,DVR and Whole Home in one bundled fee, as opposed to a line by line individual fee. But they do waive $10 for 12 months, plus the promo discounts for 12 months.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

go to directv website, build a system
you can see all fees and prices for each month in the 24month contract

and remember with direct you can put genie and dvr on same system, unlike dish that limits to hopper/joey only

Great recommend him to buy a expensive TV just for the boxless RVU capability:), Like previously said 1st receiver fee is waived and just pay $6 for the second TV, and $25 ARF is HD,DVR and Whole Home in one bundled fee, as opposed to a line by line individual fee. But they do waive $10 for 12 months, plus the promo discounts for 12 months.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I didn't. I only pointed out the method to avoid using a receiver for each television.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Thinking of switching from Dish to DTV...Questions

Quad TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)