Thinking of Switching to D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We currently have Dish and are seriously thinking of switching to Directv. There is one last detail I need cleared up. I want to know if you can feed 2 TV's with the HR21. It has 2 tuners so I'm assuming you can but I saw some pics of the back panel and it's not labeled for a second TV out. Believe it or not this might be a deal breaker because my wife is already not happy that I'm insisting on paying for the HD package. The extra $5/month for a second receiver would push her over the edge I think. Just to clarify, 2 TV's with different channels at the same time.

I ran into pretty much the same scenario when I decided to make the switch. I found a way around it that my wife likes. We have 2 HD DVR's attached to the main TV. One box is hers and the other is mine. (She likes this because she can record whatever she wants on her box and not worry about my erasing it because I'm desperate for space to record the next ballgame or BG.) I then also connected her box to the TV in the bedroom (in my case, via the s-video feed). This way she can watch either upstairs or down. Granted, not via a second tuner, but she doesn't care. (I have her remote set to RF and mine to IR.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)