Thinking of switching to DirecTV - get 4K equipment with no 4K TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
After another chat session earlier today, being told what I've been told here (call and add my tv to the account), I called DirecTV for a 3rd time. Again, I was told regardless of the television I have, I would still need a 4k mini client. I'll be calling to cancel the service call for tomorrow because I've given up hope.

After another chat session earlier today, being told what I've been told here (call and add my tv to the account), I called DirecTV for a 3rd time. Again, I was told regardless of the television I have, I would still need a 4k mini client. I'll be calling to cancel the service call for tomorrow because I've given up hope.
I wouldn't cancel the appointment. Let them come out and get your issue resolved.

Honestly, I really didn't think a service call would be able to help. According to them, I need a c61 box to go along with the HR54 AND DirecTV 4k Ready Samsung tv I already have. And, I'm not willing to pay $99 to be able to watch 2 channels.

Honestly, I really didn't think a service call would be able to help. According to them, I need a c61 box to go along with the HR54 AND DirecTV 4k Ready Samsung tv I already have. And, I'm not willing to pay $99 to be able to watch 2 channels.
Cobra,
What is the model of your Samsung TV ?
There is a list out there somewhere that tells what models will work.

Hi Jimbo,

I have a Samsung UN55JU7100FXZA
I'm chatting with Samsung now and they are saying what we thought, your ready for the RVU, I was just making sure there wasn't an update that was needed first.
They say all is good.

I would keep the appointment you have and let the D* guy take care of it.
I'm thinking the person you spoke with didn't know how to activate it on your account.

I'm chatting with Samsung now and they are saying what we thought, your ready for the RVU, I was just making sure there wasn't an update that was needed first.
They say all is good.

I would keep the appointment you have and let the D* guy take care of it.
I'm thinking the person you spoke with didn't know how to activate it on your account.

Thank you, Jimbo!! I'll actually have to reschedule, as I already canceled earlier today. Which is fine, because I'm still not over this cold and the appointment was for tomorrow. I'll get one for later this week...

Just called back and got the same time slot for late tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbo
They do need to install a deca unit on the tv
Yes, the Genie won't activate an RVU TV unless it sees a DECA is being used for the network connection vs ethernet. But once it's been validated then the TV will work with ethernet and no DECA, but it's not supported.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)