Status
Please reply by conversation.

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I've been a Dish guy for a couple years now, so I don't post in the Directv forum often. I assist my landlord by advising new tenants about their TV options and making the mechanical rooms available to installers when they come. Yesterday, ATT/DTV was here and said they could install this new system called Directv Lite and it would only require one dish and could feed multiple units. He acted like this was a new thing; but hasn't something like this been in existence for years? Also, how does it receive power? There's no A/C going to it that I can tell...
IMG_4963.JPG
IMG_4962.JPG

It's called D2Lite, been in non uverse markets for several months, just starting to arrive in others. Prior to this a single dish system required an agreement with management and a contract specifically for servicing the system. This is designed to accommodate smaller complexes. The power is provided by each unit, each unit connected to the system has a 29 volt power inserter that powers the D2Lite enclosure so if the first customer moves out the enclosure is still powered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I do see the installer missed installing what's called a band stop filter to prevent different customers DVRs from communicating with each other. Also a tag to indicate which unit that's connected to.

I do see the installer missed installing what's called a band stop filter to prevent different customers DVRs from communicating with each other. Also a tag to indicate which unit that's connected to.

He also left a bunch of trash in there, too. Clipped off zip ties, cable ends, etc

The power is provided by each unit, each unit connected to the system has a 29 volt power inserter that powers the D2Lite enclosure so if the first customer moves out the enclosure is still powered.

This makes no sense...if the building is letting D* install this stuff in their wiring closet, etc...why wouldn't they just power this equipment directly, so then NOBODY has to worry if ANY tenants have a PI or not?

I do see the installer missed installing what's called a band stop filter to prevent different customers DVRs from communicating with each other.

Could there be a built-in filter on each output, so that it would not be necessary to install external ones?

edit: Ah, here's complete write-up on this system...basically a glorified SWM-16 system w/added pieces to make (small) apartment installs easy. And, as I just suggested, some have the filters inside, some don't. I get now about the (units themselves) powering the unit...but I still think it would be better to power it in the wiring room, if power is readily available. (I understand though that's not always possible...)

https://www.dsisystemsinc.com/documents/directv/D2LiteInstallDealerGUIDE.pdf

It's called D2Lite, been in non uverse markets for several months, just starting to arrive in others. Prior to this a single dish system required an agreement with management and a contract specifically for servicing the system. This is designed to accommodate smaller complexes. The power is provided by each unit, each unit connected to the system has a 29 volt power inserter that powers the D2Lite enclosure so if the first customer moves out the enclosure is still powered.

Each unit does not need a 29v power supply only the D2 Lite Main Box itself...2 PI 29's if you are using 2 SWM 16's inside (It comes Installed with only 1) They have upgraded it accommodate the new digital swm 30.. It will have more tuners so multiple genies can be put on the system....

Each unit does not need a 29v power supply only the D2 Lite Main Box itself...2 PI 29's if you are using 2 SWM 16's inside (It comes Installed with only 1) They have upgraded it accommodate the new digital swm 30.. It will have more tuners so multiple genies can be put on the system....

I was just wondering about this since the form factor of the new DSWM-30 is less than half the size of a SWM-16 and a lot more like a smaller version of the SWM-8. How it could be retrofit to be placed in a D2 lite enclosure?

Plus there is no additional coax input near the 95W dish input for the additional coax run from the new six output legacy RB LNB.

Got any photos or other documents on this "upgraded D2 Lite" enclosure?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.