thinking of switching

kybub1

Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
thinking of switching to direct, do you think dish would come out and rewire my rooms and give me a 2nd hd dvr to get me to stay?

Anything is possible.... good luck though. Whether your house gets rewired or not depends on your installer. We are a Satellite Television company... not electrical contractors.... so unless there is actually a good reason to rewire, don't hold your breath (and only the rooms that have TV service even have the slightest chance)

Direct isn't going to rewire your whole house without good reason either.... nor are they going to give you a second HD DVR for free.

not asking for whole house rewire
i have a 622 in living room that controls 1 bedroom
and one bedroom that controls the other bedroom
i need the living room to be connected with a different
bedroom.
i need my master bedroom to have an hd dvr now
so it cant be connected with the living room anymore

What about significantly expanding your capabilities leads you to think it it should all be done gratis?

You're only a virgin once. Your best option may indeed be to go to DIRECTV if you don't mind having a set-top box in each room.

not asking for whole house rewire
i have a 622 in living room that controls 1 bedroom
and one bedroom that controls the other bedroom
i need the living room to be connected with a different
bedroom.
i need my master bedroom to have an hd dvr now
so it cant be connected with the living room anymore

Yeah....the technician can do this for you pretty easily. Just get a good deal on the receiver upgrade and don't mention anything about what else you want done..... tell the technician when he arrives.

Yeah....the technician can do this for you pretty easily. Just get a good deal on the receiver upgrade and don't mention anything about what else you want done..... tell the technician when he arrives.

Yeah, don't tell them ahead of time you want your whole house re-wired, and meanwhile, me, who has the next scheduled appointment, will just wait an EXTRA three or four hours for the tech to get to my house. Not a problem.

Yeah, don't tell them ahead of time you want your whole house re-wired, and meanwhile, me, who has the next scheduled appointment, will just wait an EXTRA three or four hours for the tech to get to my house. Not a problem.

He says he just wants the rooms the DVRs are going to switched......if that's the case, we're talking 10 minutes of work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)