Dish promotions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dmj_rolltide

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
I have been with DISH since last December. I was with Charter cable before, and I couldn't stand it. A lot more satisfied with the satellite. But one thing Charter did that I actually benefitted from was this, they would give me a promotion price, any where from 3 months to 12 months, that saved me a lot of money. Then I would go back to the full price, pay that for 90 days, call back up and get another promotion.

I have never asked DISH CSRs, but is this something that they would offer? A discounted promotional price. I was just curious, because I pay $75 per month with DISH and it would be great to get some savings passed my way ever once in a while. So, those of you that have been with DISH longer than myself, please let me know if DISH would possibly do this.

If you're out of contract, you can usually get at least some kind of discount.... but I am familiar with the kind of discounts you can get from cable companies and the discount Dish offers will not compare.

Cable companies have to offer those huge promotions because most do not require a contract commitment.... and they know they provide an inferior service.... gotta keep people around somehow.

Dish used to be good about throwing an occasional bone to its longer term/higher dollar customers. But these days its all about getting them stuck on a lease; either an 18 month or 24 month lease, to be exact. If you're not currently under a lease, they may be willing to work with you on something to you to sign one, but don't expect too awful much.

3-4 years ago when I ditched Comcrap and called Dish again, they almost weren't going to give me any kind of deal (free install, multi room receivers, etc) because it seems you only get one of their offers once in a lifetime. Kind of like Netflix. But since I had moved, they found a way to give me a startup deal for a second time. I don't know if they are like that now or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)