Thinking of upgrading to HR23

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I didn't see it mentioned, but are any of his current receivers also DVRs? If not, he'll also have the DVR fee added to the account.

DVR fee? There's a DVR fee? How much is it? Is it for the account or for each receiver if I get more than one?

Its $7 per account. You can have many dvr's on the account for the one $7 fee.

You do understand that if you use a DVD recorder that you will lose the HD aspect of the movies. Instead of buying a DVD recorder you could get this and do the same to your PC.

HD PVR Product overview

You then would be able to stream the movie to your HD DVR from you PC anytime you wanted to watch it.

Thanks Jag ....

I don't do that type of thing so I didn't know where to send him ..... :up

Can anyone explain clearly to an "idiot" the difference between an HR20-700, which I have and an HR23 an HR24 and if its worth the expense to upgrade

Can anyone explain clearly to an "idiot" the difference between an HR20-700, which I have and an HR23 an HR24 and if its worth the expense to upgrade

HR20-700 built in OTA, first generation DVR. Works great, I have one.

HR23 - no OTA, built in wideband tuner, so no b-band converters required. Slightly faster (maybe) that the HR20, but not worth the upgrade IMHO.

HR24....sweet touch screen front panel, fast, no built in OTA but compatible with AM-21 add on OTA Tuner (as is the HR23). Has built in DECA module for MRV. Worth every penny to upgrade....at least it was to me....

HR20-700 built in OTA, first generation DVR. Works great, I have one.

HR23 - no OTA, built in wideband tuner, so no b-band converters required. Slightly faster (maybe) that the HR20, but not worth the upgrade IMHO.

HR24....sweet touch screen front panel, fast, no built in OTA but compatible with AM-21 add on OTA Tuner (as is the HR23). Has built in DECA module for MRV. Worth every penny to upgrade....at least it was to me....

I agree with what Wild Bill said for the most part.

Only difference, I would take my HR20-700 over the HR23 any day.

That said, the HR24 is SWEET !!!

I agree with what Wild Bill said for the most part.

Only difference, I would take my HR20-700 over the HR23 any day.

That said, the HR24 is SWEET !!!

What are you talking about, you agree with me completely!!!! :eek:..........The HR23 was not worth the upgrade was what I said.....:D

My HR20 rocks too.........it's way faster than my HR21 (blah) but not as cool or fast as the HR24....

What are you talking about, you agree with me completely!!!! :eek:..........The HR23 was not worth the upgrade was what I said.....:D

My HR20 rocks too.........it's way faster than my HR21 (blah) but not as cool or fast as the HR24....

Awww shucks Wild Bill,
We agree on a lot of things :)

If you mean the 23 is slightly faster than the 20, I have to disagree. IMO it is not even close. The 23 is agonizingly slow in comparison. I had one 20 replaced with a 23, and am seriously considering getting a 24 to replace it. Even my wife, who just basically wants to watch, complains about the 23.

If you mean the 23 is slightly faster than the 20, I have to disagree. IMO it is not even close. The 23 is agonizingly slow in comparison. I had one 20 replaced with a 23, and am seriously considering getting a 24 to replace it. Even my wife, who just basically wants to watch, complains about the 23.

That's interesting....dump that slug and get an HR24....they are the bomb!

The other side effect of adding/upgrading to an HD box is that you must subscribe to HD Access. Whether that will end up costing extra seems to be a topic of great debate depending on who you believe about the "free HD for life" campaign.

Only difference, I would take my HR20-700 over the HR23 any day. That said, the HR24 is SWEET !!!

I have a pair of HR20-700s as well as an HR23 -- I like the HR20 better as well, except for a couple of things: First, the UI graphics are EXTREMELY soft -- I get eyestrain just looking it. Second, the thing runs as hot as a toaster -- I keep a fan on top. That said, I plan on acquiring an HR24 ASAP!

That's interesting....dump that slug and get an HR24....they are the bomb!

I think you will find that most here agree that the 20 is faster than any that follow, except the 24. I may have only read the posts that point that way though:D

I am planning on it. Man, this 23 is killing me, it is brutally slow. I had defended the HRs until I got this one. Now I see the complaints. I really do.

That said, they say that the 24 is just as fast as the Vip.

I think you will find that most here agree that the 20 is faster than any that follow, except the 24. I may have only read the posts that point that way though:D

I am planning on it. Man, this 23 is killing me, it is brutally slow. I had defended the HRs until I got this one. Now I see the complaints. I really do.

yep it is! :up

I didn't know the HR23 was a slow pig. Good to know. I know my HR20 is wayyyy faster than my HR21...(I gave it to my kids) .....but the new HR24 is sweeeeeeet......best $150.00 I've spent in a while.....:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)