This $1000 is burning a hole in my pocket

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
I am on the Satguys list and Dish Depot list for the 921 and I think I have had that $1000 set aside every since Dish Depot started taking preorders. I am usually a very patient person but this is rediculous. I had to get a new toy so I went out and bought a Panasonic DVD recorder with the 80gig HD. that thing is pretty neat. I always record shows in the middle of the night to the HDD then if I want to keep them I throw in the DVD and copy. It apparently won't let me copy DVD to DVD though and I honestly only want to do that to preserve my store bought DVD collection. I would like to copy all the kids favorites and keep mine on my rack. It would be nice to copy my DVD's when I travel too. I have a video system in my truck and I drive everyone nuts because I always am asking if they put the DVD away .

Anyway sorry for going way off topic - just jonesin' for my 921

Last month... after much debate, I used the money I had rat-holed for the 921 and bought an X-1 dlp... very happy with it. While it willl not show true hd. the pq is amazing and sd looks better that with my rp hdtv. (already have a panasonic minus the hd, and a replay box to record down rezzed hd to. PS. you can record dvd's to a replay... you just cannot record them. :)

dfergie said:
Last month... after much debate, I used the money I had rat-holed for the 921 and bought an X-1 dlp... very happy with it. While it willl not show true hd. the pq is amazing and sd looks better that with my rp hdtv. (already have a panasonic minus the hd, and a replay box to record down rezzed hd to. PS. you can record dvd's to a replay... you just cannot record them. :)
The 921 hopefully will still be there and hopefully more rock solid in a month or so.

John,
Why not use DVD Shrink (seem www.mrbass.org for details). It is a free utility like DVD X Copy but more powerful. You can make movie only copies to skip all the warnings and preview and go right to the movies (nice for the kids stuff) AND remove region encoding.
FREAK!

metallicafreak said:
John,
Why not use DVD Shrink (seem www.mrbass.org for details). It is a free utility like DVD X Copy but more powerful. You can make movie only copies to skip all the warnings and preview and go right to the movies (nice for the kids stuff) AND remove region encoding.
FREAK!

yeah I have a DVD Burner in my computer at work too and I have downloaded a copy of DVD Shrink. I almost bought DVD X Copy but did a lot of research and everyone seemed to lean towards DVD Shrink. Gotta bring some of those dvd's into work and try making some backups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts