This a good buy for a newbie??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would HAVE to say its not such a good buy for a newbie. The receiver is great! But alas it has no BLIND scan or USALS. These two features are really A MUST for people getting into FTA satellite for the first time. The Traxis has one of the BEST pictures out there but none of the above features. IMO Keep looking : )

I was looking for a kit like that but ended up piecing the stuff I wanted together. Remember to figure in the shipping when pricing stuff out. I've spent about $30 more than that kit costs and I think I'll have a solid system when it's all said and done.

I decided to salvage a P* dish I had laying around for a dish. I've spent $5 on the P* dish so far and all I really need to figure out is how I'm going to mount it to the motor. I'll worry about that when the motor gets here :). Using this dish will save me $90. If it doesn't work out I'll probaby pick up a Winegard.

I picked up a 'Big Sat' Universal Ku band dual LNB, A CoolSat 4000 Pro, and a SG2100 motor for just over $280. Most of the $$ is in the reciever and those are only gett'n cheaper.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)