This DVR appears to be offline. Is the bug back?

JeffMo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Missouri
I, along with many others, suffered through the problem of not being able to access the DVR online whether through Dish Online or Dish Remote Access. After many months of complaints and denials by Dish the issue was finally resolved. Now I am seeing the same thing once again. I can view Broadband Access via the remote and my DVR shows it is connected, but is not accessible via Dish Online or DRA just like what happened in late 2011 and early 2012. I am now being advised
[h=1]"This DVR appears to be offline."[/h]
when my [this] DVR is NOT offline but connected to my network. I can ping the DVR, it shows as connected via my router but once again, just like what previously happened it now "appears to be offline" to Dish. Anyone else experiencing this?

Maybe the bug never went away. I think it is an intermitant problem and/or things that particular individuals have an issue with.

This occured on my account the other night. Go to DishOnline.com and click on the DVR icon, then you should be able to edit the receiver number or nickname. If you don't have it nicknamed, then nickname it and save and refresh and that should fix it. If you do have it nicknamed, rename it and save and refresh. This corrected it for me and its still showing connected all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)