This Forum Allows This???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
This Satellite Guys forum has always been against stealing satellite which has made this forum a joy to be part of over the years since I too am against stealing satellite signals that the programmers pay a lot of money to provide to their customers.

Tonight I saw this advertising on the Satellite Guys forum and was shocked! :rant:

This company provides files for various FTA receivers needed to gain access to satellite programming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't Scott screen who he allows to advertise? This forum has always been so against stealing satellite signals, but yet this type of advertising is allowed.

It might be an ad by Google, Google's "smart" ads sees the words FTA so it thinks they are related :rolleyes:
Scott can add the specific ad to a blacklist so that it will not come up again.

The ads are selected automatically by Google based on the discussion or content of the page you are on. If it sees FTA on a page it looks for ads with the word FTA in it.

Some of them happen to be hacker ads :( But like all the rest we ad the site to our blocked list send the urls over the the SI guys at dish and in a few hours they are all gone. :)

It might be an ad by Google, Google's "smart" ads sees the words FTA so it thinks they are related :rolleyes:
Scott can add the specific ad to a blacklist so that it will not come up again.

You might be right about this. Scott may not have control over which Google "smart" ads appear.

Do these "sponsored ads" disappear when I pay Scott $20 and become a supporting member? This is something I should have done years ago to help support this wonderful forum.

Do these "sponsored ads" disappear when I pay Scott $20 and become a supporting member? This is something I should have done years ago to help support this wonderful forum.
YES! You will only see a list of the Gold sponsors at the top of the page. For the wealth of info here, the Pub membership is a GREAT deal.

But like all the rest we ad the site to our blocked list send the urls over the the SI guys at dish and in a few hours they are all gone. :)
Exactly, we do not condone Hackers, we have a Graveyard of hack posts, & banned Hackers as proof... ;)
Scott

Do you send to Dish IP addresses of the forum members, if you "think" or "suspect" they are stealing sat TV? :)

Scott

Do you send to Dish IP addresses of the forum members, if you "think" or "suspect" they are stealing sat TV? :)
Sometimes... It really depends on what the user posted.

If we have someone come and say can someone tell me how to program my coolsat to get HBO, then no we don't they just get the boot.

If we get someone coming in and saying I have 50 Coolsats programmed for Dish that gets all the channels for free and I am looking to unload them cheap then yes. :)

OMG the only hacks out there are so pathetic. They get less channels then a sub. They have to connect to a actual internet for it. They will all be givin letters by Charlie in due time. I love FTA

I figured after being part of this wonderful forum now for 5 years it was time to pay my dues. :) I love not seeing the ads anymore.

Thanks for reminding me. I was going to contribute a while back but I got laid off from my job. I'm working again so there was no excuse not to cough up $19.95. Now the pages load up real fast without the advertising bogging things down. Thanks Scott! This is the best deal on the Internet.

Here is the payment link for anyone that is interested. http://www.satelliteguys.us/payments.php

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)