This from SRL's Website Concerning HITS to C band.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Ku-Band HITS Services

We know that there is a lot of chatter and speculation on the web and various media regarding the Hits-To-Home information related to the move of their service from X4 Ku-Band to AMC-18 on C-Band.

How will this affect SRL Programming Subscribers?

All of the current Ku-Band services included in our Ku-Band list of services will continue to be available on X4 until June 1, 2008.

Between then and now, HITS will be converting these services to C-band and transmitting them on AMC-18 at 105 degrees west latitude. These will be dual illuminated until June 1 2008, when the Ku Band services will be discontinued

Once we have channel assignments we will begin converting all subscribers to these services to the AMC-18 channels, and provide a smooth and seamless transition.

We will publish updated information related to this on our website “news” page, as it becomes available.

We believe this will result in growth in the C band Market and consider this a positive thing for our customers, as now all customers will have access to all these channels without having to install Ku-Band equipment

We believe this will result in growth in the C band Market and consider this a positive thing for our customers, as now all customers will have access to all these channels without having to install Ku-Band equipment
Thats great IF you have a C Band setup.

I got the KU Hits package for the DMX Channels. Looks like I am going to be an ex SRL customer.

We can't blame SRL or NPS for this move. Skyvision's getting kicked too. It's Comcast that decided to pull HITS2HOME.:( For some this is a bad thing, for others it's a good thing, it all depends what equipment you have.

Myself I have to find a new use for my X4 dish. I put that thing up especially for the HITS channels. Even though I won't be loosing HITS because I have C band. I did like the convenience of a fixed dish for the X4 feeds.

I doesn't really matter much to me if the X4 packages were to switch to C band at my home. I know that channels change TPs and orbital positions from time to time. I just hate the fact I had just nicely installed a dish elsewhere for the X4 sat and now it turns out to be a waste of my time for that purpose. It will be redeployed for G10 in that case.

I think that Skyvision should have had the connections to review the long term "DSR410 solution". I wonder how many will turn up on Ebay? I know many people will not consider converting to C band dishes even if the receivers remap OK.

I wonder what will become of X4 if everything leaves?

I doesn't really matter much to me if the X4 packages were to switch to C band at my home. I know that channels change TPs and orbital positions from time to time. I just hate the fact I had just nicely installed a dish elsewhere for the X4 sat and now it turns out to be a waste of my time for that purpose. It will be redeployed for G10 in that case.

I think that Skyvision should have had the connections to review the long term "DSR410 solution". I wonder how many will turn up on Ebay? I know many people will not consider converting to C band dishes even if the receivers remap OK.

I wonder what will become of X4 if everything leaves?

I would use my X4 dish for G-10 but I have another pointed at G-10 already. Im gonna try a few different sats with it and see what I like the best then lock it there.

It's a shame that Comcast did what they did to Skyvision. They invested alot of time to get something happening just to have the plug pulled out on them. I don't know what there contract reads, but if they have any legal recourse they should go for it. It probably says Comcast has the right to change anything at anytime. :(

X4 will become an occasional feed bird I would think.

Trini143,

Are you going to have a fire sale on the 410 receivers soon let me know i will like to get one

dk...i dont even know how they work yet....can't get them going....so its kinna fustrating and now this moving thing.....sooner or later i think i will stick to 4dtv so yes maybe fire to them or firesale.....lol....i will most likely trade them than sell them if it gets more fustrating

There's supposed to be a remap in the nightly updates pretty soon to add the "W5" tile to the 4D receivers I'm told. Looks like the channels have already shown up on Lyngsat.

My 922 has W5 mapped now....!

Never mind, just saw it mentioned in the another thread.........

Lesson.... stay away for a few days and you'll get way behind on everything..

Last edited:
SRL and NPS

We can't blame SRL or NPS for this move. Skyvision's getting kicked too. It's Comcast that decided to pull HITS2HOME.:( For some this is a bad thing, for others it's a good thing, it all depends what equipment you have.

Myself I have to find a new use for my X4 dish. I put that thing up especially for the HITS channels. Even though I won't be loosing HITS because I have C band. I did like the convenience of a fixed dish for the X4 feeds.

Hi tvropro,
What are the meanings for SRL and NPS that you mention. I checked the Glossary and couldn't find them listed.
Guess I'm still learning the lingo.

Thanks,
Tom

Nps is a c-band program provider (subscription service) NPS - Your One Call Solution - CBAND Satellite Programming C-band

SRL - satellite receivers limited (subscription service) Satellite Receivers C band and 4DTV satellite programming

They sell comparable packages to us 4DTV DSR-922, DSR-920, DSR-905 receiver owners.
It is cable type channels. More feeds of the movie channels (which is great).

You can buy movie channels al a carte without subbing to any basic package.
There are NO contracts either-which I love not being bound to any service.

Hi tvropro,
What are the meanings for SRL and NPS that you mention. I checked the Glossary and couldn't find them listed.
Guess I'm still learning the lingo.

Thanks,
Tom

Truckracer beat me to it. That's fine were all here to help each other out :)
Stick around you'll learn the lingo :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts