This is a mystery

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigbuckchuck

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
earth
I posted this last week. Had some helpful responses and some sarcastic.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/211653-oh-oh-what-did-i-just.html

Here's what it came down to. I'm an idiot for going through the process of trying to purchase it to see what would happen obviously but... it showed up on my bill. No phone line hooked up to the receiver..no internet hooked up to the receiver. Called dish. They said you have to have a phone line or an interenet connection for the order to go through. OK that's obvious but I have neither. Here's what I DO have though. HDMI form satellite receiver going to stereo receiver then out to TV. Power line ethernet bridge ( takes internet from modem and sends it through the electrical outlets in the house) hooked up to my stereo receiver so I can get internet radio. Went into menu on satellite receiver then to broadband setup. It shows that I have an internet connection. So what I have going into the satellite receiver is the RG6 from the dish and then the HDMI to the stereo receiver. Somehow the internet is getting to my satellite receiver. Either through the HDMI or the power cable from the power line ethernet bridge. I have no wireless in the house. Interesting.

I knew you would cry like a baby when the charge showed up damn, I told ya it would of been cheaper to try it with a ppv movie then a fight of all things. I hope you enjoyed it cause now I am laughing and using u as all my jokes, Don't be this dumb a$$.

I knew you would cry like a baby when the charge showed up damn, I told ya it would of been cheaper to try it with a ppv movie then a fight of all things. I hope you enjoyed it cause now I am laughing and using u as all my jokes, Don't be this dumb a$$.

Where in this post am I crying like a baby? I have never made any compalint about being charged for the fight. This post is describing how the internet made it through to my receiver through my ethernet bridge. Not me complaining about being charged for a fight that I purchased. Get your head out of your a**

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts