This is sad and scary...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There are a lot of people like that. When my mother-in-law first got Directv, she told me how great the HD channels looked. When I came over, it didn't look very good to me. I looked and installer had set the receiver to output 480i.

There are a lot of people like that. When my mother-in-law first got Directv, she told me how great the HD channels looked. When I came over, it didn't look very good to me. I looked and installer had set the receiver to output 480i.

Comcast here instructs its installers to connect all HD boxes via RF connection over coax. NTSC for everyone.

Well, it's not about telling HD from SD. It's about believing in what you are told and seeing improvement where there is none. In medicine this is called [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo"]Placebo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame].

Remember "The Truth About Bottled Water" from Penn and Teller? :D

YouTube - The Truth About Bottled Water

I saw this all the time when I worked in Best Buy. Then when I showed them actual HD their jaw hit the floor.

Ramy at best buy, the question I have is were you Chuck or Morgan? :)

Definetly Chuck. I was part of Geek Squad. It is strange how similar we were. I was asked to be the supervisor but I turned it down because for one I was making more money at my full time job and they didn't want to at least match it. Second reason was all the days off and the M-F 8-4 schedule.

People can't tell the difference between HD and non HD?

Scary, yes, but it tracks well with my experience. One guy actually had me reconnect his coax because he didn't think it looked any better, and he only wanted one cable - and a cable that he was familiar with. To this day, I wonder if he had cataracts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)