This is what Sadoun sent for a DVBWorld 2104D-CA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My experience with blindscanning with the 2104D didn't go so well. First, I set it to Galaxy 19. I played a few stations to convince myself things were going OK. I did the first blindscan with the "programs" enabled. I ran it for 15 minutes and it never seemed to finish. I ran it again without the "programs", just the TPs. I ran that another 15 minutes. I didn't seem to finish either. However, I saved what it found. Saving the blindscan wipes out the old data. That is probably what you want. Some of the channels worked, some didn't. However, what was really annoying is I decided to run the blindscan again. However, I couldn't get past the "wrench" mode. The program complained that I don't have enough memory.

OK, to be fair, the PC used only has 3GBytes of ram. How the hell dvbworld needs over 2Gbytes is beyond me. I guess when it loaded the data from the blindscan, it used enough memory to make the program fail.

I had always planned on upping the memory in this notebook. I got it as a Dell refurb at a serious discount since it was configured stupidly. [Who runs 64 bit win 7 with 3Gbytes?] I will install more memory and try again.

I noticed the blind scan detected some transponders from nearby satellites.

OK, to be fair, the PC used only has 3GBytes of ram. How the hell dvbworld needs over 2Gbytes is beyond me.

I'm running 64 bit Vista on 1.5 Gbytes, and DVBWorld is the pits, after you start putting up three birds...can't use the toolbar now. It started acting up after I updated the sat guide...maybe related. I may just de-install, and re-install without doing an update.

I installed dvbdream tonight, and it seems OK, so far. Full scanning is the pits, but I manually enter freq and symbol rate, and let it scan, which takes about two minutes for a single transponder. Slow, but.

Oh well, I might increase my memory, but for now, I'm playing around with DvbDream.

I noticed the blind scan detected some transponders from nearby satellites.

Highly unlikely....but, their bird/transponder list sucks...its why I do manual scanning after putting in freq/symbol rate/etc.

blindscanning with the 2104D

When doing the "quick" blind scan, I suspect program is only "seeing" its satellite files, not a true blind scan of each transponder & polarity. I've seen it miss programs.

Also, when I did a deinstall, and then a reinstall, it did not delete satellite entries...which means this data is stored in registry, or on some file somewhere. I'd sure like to find out where they store their satellite info.

When you exit the blindscan, part of the procedure is a yes/no dialog box to have the blindscan replace the data already in their database.

Because the dish/lnbf isn't like a telescope, there is probably some signal from nearby birds. Since it was a fresh install, I had only scanned one satellite. There is no way dvbworld would have found channels on other satellite that I hadn't directed the program to look at.

My downloaded video under the old installation was under the dvbworld programs directory. (I don't have the notebook booted, so I can't say exactly where.) Under the new installation, the video is stored under the /user account and then burrowed under several more directories. I f-ing hate when win7 does this. I don't like any of that virtual store crapola. And the new windows 7 search is worse than the old search. You really have to direct it. Win 7 is a good OS, but some of the changes were a step backwards.

Regarding the uninstall/reinstall, do another uninstall and see what it leaves in the dvbworld directory. I suspect the transponder file is not deleted.

I suppose if there is a third party programs that uses the hardware blindscan, then I'll dump dvbworld. I'm still going to get the ram anyway. That was part of the plan when I bought the refurb.

Regarding the uninstall/reinstall

I know how to manually wipe out a program, but it still could store bits within Registry. I deleted its folder after de-installing. I may have to get some registry cleaning program that can fish out the remnants.

Since DVBWorld's program is not working properly on my 64-bit Vista, I have quit using it. I can't de-install it all, and I can't access the wrench tool, or other items across the menu bar, except exit (shut program off).

So, I'm using DVB Dream, which I think so far is a much better program...you have to learn it, and if it works for you, you can buy it for $35.00....try it and see.

Microsoft has a special nuclear powered uninstaller called msicuu2. I'd get it from MS. [It seems everyone has a copy of it, but obviously getting it from MS is the only trustworthy source.] MS makes it sound like you will be doing great harm to your system to use the program, plus you will lose all your hair and get hemorrhoids. However, sometimes it is the only thing that can totally root out a program. It isn't nearly as scary to run as MS makes it out to be. Just uninstall the right program. My recollection is it will show you everything on your system, but it isn't rocket science to find dvbworld.

Doing some googling, I see MS no longer supports the program. I just don't see why they are so paranoid about it. I can tell you that it is a lifesaver in some situations.
http://jasonpearce.com/blog/2010/06...indows-installer-cleanup-utility-msicuu2-exe/
If you want to use it, I can give you a trusted copy (mine), though I run win7 and I don't know if that version is different. Ok you can just get it off the net if you find a place that looks trustworthy.

Getting back to dvbdream, it would have to support the hardware blindscan before I'd want to try it.

uninstaller called msicuu2.

Its a wimp program...only can do what it sees, and it does not see DVBWorld's software.
Getting back to dvbdream, it would have to support the hardware blindscan before I'd want to try it.

I'm not sure if "blindscan" exists on this USB tuner; I suspect it might use a definition file, at least for the "fast" option. Since my DVBWorld software is inoperative, I can not verify how this tuner "blindscans."

DVB Dream uses a definition file, which can be modified via user....and these are out of date, but, there may be a site that updates them (have not confirmed yet).

Each bird has a file, and there is a syntax to these files, like:

[SATTYPE]
1=3226
2=Satcom C1

[DVB]
0=9
1=3868,V,6666
2=3924,V,1085
3=3941,V,1366
4=3944,V,2277
5=4020,V,18600
6=4060,V,13330
7=4085,V,2000
8=4142,V,28830
9=4185,V,9965

There is also syntax for 8PSK, and other formats, but if you know freq/symbol/polarity, you can either do a manual scan, or insert into a file.

uninstaller

I found my current problem was related to this file:

SatTPList.dat

found in

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles (x86)\DVB World\SatTPList.dat

It was 848 KB, so I renamed this file, and now DVBWorld software is working again.

Note - I'm using 64-bit Vista...hence, ProgramFiles (x86)

hardware blindscan .

I finally did a "clean" de-install of DVBWorld, and then re-installed it. I'm not sure if it does a true blindscan since it missed a SCPC & MCPC channels. I suspect it follows a "table," and proceeds onward.

In time, I will know more about DVBWorld's "blindscanning" ability.

I might add, that when I get the time, I will investigate DVB Dream's ability. I know it can scan, but I have not used it yet. I've just done manual entries. But when I get the time, I will experiment with it. I think this program takes its blindscan info from a text file, which I think can be modified.

Hence, I think both software programs use a "table" for blindscanning...if true, I don't know how to change DVBWorld's table, but I think I know how to change DVB Dream's table.

Googling around, I think the problem may be the 60MHZ stepsize. I have the free version of progdvb, and the step size is a parameter. Of course, software scans are very slow.

60MHZ stepsize.

I have this gut feeling that FTA boxes, PCI tuners, and USB tunners use sat tables that have to be updated, otherwise one will not see the new stuff.

Considering a blindscan requires running thru symbol rates, etc...it takes a long time to scan every combination of these parameters.

Years ago, I had a FTA box, but I do recall the seller updated software (firmware, whatever) before he shipped it to me, and that over time, one was suppose to update something. I've even heard this about ebay FTA boxes, one needs to update somthing.

Of course, if you use Lyngsat as a guide, you can eliminate the known transponders, and focus on the unknown. Bearing in mind that SCPC don't use the full transponder bandwidth, so these need to be completely scanned.

DVBWorld's software will work fine when doing a manual scan with known parameters. But, I don't know if I'm going to use their update sat table info since it made program crash afterwards, and not really usable. I was able to remove and reinstall, but a small pill.

S2HD said:
I found my current problem was related to this file:

SatTPList.dat

found in

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles (x86)\DVB World\SatTPList.dat

It was 848 KB, so I renamed this file, and now DVBWorld software is working again.

Note - I'm using 64-bit Vista...hence, ProgramFiles (x86)

I think your misunderstanding how the software works. The sattplist.dat file comes pre loaded transponder data for most popular satellites but the data is not referenced when scanning. It is however replaced by the transponder data found during a blindscan. To verify this, backup your current dat file, create a blank file with notepad and scan again. If your hardware is the blindscan version then it will find transponder info, if not then the file will remain blank. Dvbdream did not support dvbworld hardware blinscan the last version i tried. The dvb app needs to have support added for each specific device to enable hardware blindscan. I suspect no one can contact dvbworld so support is stalled.

crackt out,.

I think your misunderstanding how the software works.

crackt out,.

I think your misunderstanding comes from not understanding that "stuff happens" with 64 bit Vista.

After I remove relevant files, 64 bit Vista will be history for me. I understand true blindscan does work, but you need 32 bit.

User has two options when scanning, using a pre-defined sat/tp list, or a true blindscan. Using this pre-defined list will miss what has not been defined in this table.

64 bit issues are known. Reading thru forum posts definately highlights this issue.
Any tuner, stb based or pc based will only find pids from predefined transponders without a working blinscan implimentation. Its the expected behaviour.
What am i misunderstanding?

crackt out,.

What am i misunderstanding?

First off, the USB tuner appears to do a fine job, especially when doing a manual tune.

With 32 bit Vista-I have both on different computers-there are still issues. Kept in mind other software programs too have issues.

With 32 bit Vista, from my experimentation, one can not do a true blindscan, but it must be assisted with program's sat-database. The true blindscan appears to work, but it does not store the results, where as the assisted-blindscan (via sat table & "blindscan"), it does store the results. There is a third method, which works fine, but I think it just hacks away via sat-table, which may be pre-defined definitions (freq/symbol/etc).

Further when doing an assisted blindscan, one will noticed the freq shift going back and forth, and jumping as much as 10 MHz to 60+ MHz.

But, for C-Band blindscans, one must open the Custom dialog for LNB, and insert the 5150 valve; I did this twice.

Hence, this program does have issues when attempting the blindscan modus operandi. If you use the default option when the dialog comes up, there are no issues.

Moreover, I have not figured out how you can rename the channels found; it appears this feature does not work. And needless to say, the Help File stinks...ain't much there, and what is there, is in pigeon English.

So far, I do know of one other program, ProgDVB 6, that appears to be able to do a true blind scan, but it may require 20 to 30 minutes to complete. I have not spent enough time to confirm, but so far, it appears it can do a blind scan.

Again, the USB tuner appears to be good, its just their software that has issues, with respect to a true blindscan. It would be nice to have this feature, but most all of the FTA programs have been listed (lygnsat, etc), and their program scans in most all of them that I see listed...so far.

I think your misunderstanding how the software works. The sattplist.dat file

On Vista 64 bit, I had to delete that sucker, and now on 32 bit Vista, I had to delete it again.

Program would not allow usage of wrench-tool menu....which is how you scan birds.

Here is where it is located on 64 bit, and in simillar location in 32 bit Vista:

Wonder,do those things work wit 64bit windows yet?

Yes & No...you loose ability to do "higher level" blindscans, which means you have to manually input channels since some are missed...but, 32 bit will sometimes say some channels are scrambled, when 64 bit says they are not.

Some future day, I may try XP Pro, and see how it works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Usals on the Sathawk/Solomend/openbox

Gone three weeks, PBS gone too??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts