This may be a dumb question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
What do the a's, b'c, and c's, besidt the tp numbers on Anik F2 stand for?

Do we treat them just like any other tp?

Asking mainly for analog C-Band?

I see there are some NTSC ITC items there.

Linuxman

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers. If you notice, or if you don't notice, either way. There are only 12 channels, but there are 2 of each channel. That is, 12 channels are "a" channels and 12 channels are "b" channels. Which adds up to 24 channels altogether. One (as in "a") is horizontal and the other (as in "b") is vertical. Why they do this is beyond me, but I think in the beginning, all of the 1st satellites were this way. And then, they started labeling them as channels 1 through 24. Seems like my 1st receiver, a Drake, had 12 channels and a separate switch/button to change from horizontal to vertical. But, there were 24 channels, 12 horizontal and 12 vertical. I think maybe the Canadians are the only ones still labeling there satellites in this manner.

Al

Edit: and if you notice on those ITC channels, it list a specific eastern time, which would probably be the best time to check it out. And they are probably Monday - Friday?

Last edited:
Thanks Voomvoom,

I would have never thought of that as the explanation, but it makes sense now that you point it out.

I'll see if I can check it out this week doing as you suggested.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts