Status
Please reply by conversation.

Partysox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2016
N central Indiana
I need a antenna extention[The black plastic antenna on the back of the Hopper3]to bring the antenna in front of the H3 remote reception problems.Where would I find one and what exactly is it called?

All you need is a piece of coaxial cable and a barrel connector. Hook the coax to where the antenna screws in, then screw in the barrel connector to the other end of the coax, and screw the antenna on the connector.

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
All you need is a piece of coaxial cable and a barrel connector. Hook the coax to where the antenna screws in, then screw in the barrel connector to the other end of the coax, and screw the antenna on the connector.
Wont work the connection on the Hopper is different.

DISH supposedly has an extension cable that does fit, contact DIRT to order.

I'm setting about 20 feet away,i have a 32" tv setting on top of the H3 which kind of hides the antenna.

I'm setting about 20 feet away,i have a 32" tv setting on top of the H3 which kind of hides the antenna.
The antenna and its electronics are radio frequency not infra red so it can be hidden and still work. As an example, I can go into a different room entirely and change channels on my H3 with it's joined remote. That said, you have have your TV sitting on top of the H3? That's not good. You are introducing too much heat to the H3 and it will have issues as time goes on. It would be good if you moved your H3 to a location near to the TV but not sitting on it.

Bobby.....Yes the dish remotes I can do what you described but I don't use dish remotes I use harmony remotes and they have range problems[I hate dish remotes and the people that design them lol]and you can hide the antenna with this setup.About the heat...heat rises it does not sink if anything its not good for the tv but iv'e had this setup with the 722 H2 now H3 for over 3 years with no problems.

Bobby.....Yes the dish remotes I can do what you described but I don't use dish remotes I use harmony remotes and they have range problems[I hate dish remotes and the people that design them lol]and you can hide the antenna with this setup.About the heat...heat rises it does not sink if anything its not good for the tv but iv'e had this setup with the 722 H2 now H3 for over 3 years with no problems.
Heat actually radiates out in all directions. :)
Air on the other hand.

Well, now you tell us that you are using a Harmony remote. :) That, of course, means that you are using radio frequency and you do need a look from the antenna to the remote. Simply do as you have been advised in this thread and get a short piece of coax with a slide on end and extend your antenna to a location that will allow the Harmony to see it.

I new when I put down about my tv people would be coming out of the woodwork about it lol.Its not a problem time tested....

Dishnetwork sells an extension cable... or at least they used to. The Dish Part Number is 168178. It is a 10 ft extension cable with the M10 connecter on each end which is needed mate with the Hopper RF remote connector.

This question really doesn't make sense... If your remote is IR, it isn't using the antenna, if you remote is RF, you shouldn't need to relocate it from 20 feet, should work from 100 feet.

This question really doesn't make sense... If your remote is IR, it isn't using the antenna, if you remote is RF, you shouldn't need to relocate it from 20 feet, should work from 100 feet.
My harmony remotes are IR,i suspect my problem has to do with the tv setting directly on top of the H3[interferes with signal somehow].I have extended the antenna in front and my problems gone[that's all I care about...]and it cost me 2 bucks[happy camper].

Who needs logic and science when people can just believe whatever they want...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)