This question is for a dish tech or a installer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My harmony remotes are IR,i suspect my problem has to do with the tv setting directly on top of the H3[interferes with signal somehow].I have extended the antenna in front and my problems gone[that's all I care about...]and it cost me 2 bucks[happy camper].

OK, the IR pickup is on the front, a TV on top shouldn't cause a problem. It could just be your remote's IR isn't very powerful. You could get a remote repeater setup. There were some TV's for a while about 5 years ago that were interfering with IR on VIP receivers, but I haven't seen that problem in a long time.

Ok scientists you explain the fix...lol
In order to add the cable you had to move the crack pipe you smoke from that was sitting in front of ir receptor of the H3. :)

Been there done that.... j/k
BTW I think the ir receiver is located dead center of the front panel. ( I may be wrong)

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
OK, the IR pickup is on the front, a TV on top shouldn't cause a problem. It could just be your remote's IR isn't very powerful. You could get a remote repeater setup. There were some TV's for a while about 5 years ago that were interfering with IR on VIP receivers, but I haven't seen that problem in a long time.
Thanks Brad for giving me some info instead of acting like a little kid like some people.All I know is my problem is solved now and I don't need this thread anymore...

Thanks Brad for giving me some info instead of acting like a little kid like some people.All I know is my problem is solved now and I don't need this thread anymore...
All we are trying to do is help you. Moving the antenna was not the solution. In fact it can be removed completely if you are not going to use a RF dish remote.

Ok maybe it wasn't a crack pipe but a coke can or a video game case or something else.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts