Status
Please reply by conversation.

kodaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 22, 2010
North East PA
I have just finished burying 20 cables in conduit for my sat system move to the back yard.
This move is going to include my DN sub.
I am thinking i dont have to waste that DN sub cable on just the DN system.
it is a dish 1000.4 lnb with the spot on it for the add on LNB. I wanted to plug in one of my new c-band bandstacked lnbs there. if not a c-band then an old fss lnb and set it for like 101 history chan.

!. Will the DN eq go nuts with that c-band or fss lnb there?
2. in order for my other receivers to use this , i have to use on of my zinwell 4 way switches, will the DN receiver go nuts on that?
I know i would only be saving one cable , but You never know if you will need it in the future.
I will be trying to use as many bandstacked as possible for this move to conserve cables.

my dish receiver is a vip222k dual tuner.
I am hoping to get 2 of satellite av's new boxes for this setup.
in the meantime, i will be using my S9 to set it all up.
Thanks

Tie a string to cable #20
Pull cable back thru the conduit
Attach cable #21
Pull string and two cables out to the dishes.

LOL. thanks Pixl!
I did build it so i could pull more later, i am just out of cable for now. I used solid copper core.

!. Will the DN eq go nuts with that c-band or fss lnb there?
yes it will. Dish equipment only knows how to acknowledge their signals which would be 61.5,72,77,110,119,118.7,129
I know Dish still uses 121 for commercial stuff which is KU but I dont think the LNB in on the DPP LNB will accept it even for a Dish network sub

2. in order for my other receivers to use this , i have to use on of my zinwell 4 way switches, will the DN receiver go nuts on that?
yes it will.
I know i would only be saving one cable , but You never know if you will need it in the future.
I will be trying to use as many bandstacked as possible for this move to conserve cables.

just run another cable...solves all headaches

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)