Status
Please reply by conversation.

kodaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 22, 2010
North East PA
I have just finished burying 20 cables in conduit for my sat system move to the back yard.
This move is going to include my DN sub.
I am thinking i dont have to waste that DN sub cable on just the DN system.
it is a dish 1000.4 lnb with the spot on it for the add on LNB. I wanted to plug in one of my new c-band bandstacked lnbs there. if not a c-band then an old fss lnb and set it for like 101 history chan.

!. Will the DN eq go nuts with that c-band or fss lnb there?
2. in order for my other receivers to use this , i have to use on of my zinwell 4 way switches, will the DN receiver go nuts on that?
I know i would only be saving one cable , but You never know if you will need it in the future.
I will be trying to use as many bandstacked as possible for this move to conserve cables.

my dish receiver is a vip222k dual tuner.
I am hoping to get 2 of satellite av's new boxes for this setup.
in the meantime, i will be using my S9 to set it all up.
Thanks

Tie a string to cable #20
Pull cable back thru the conduit
Attach cable #21
Pull string and two cables out to the dishes.

LOL. thanks Pixl!
I did build it so i could pull more later, i am just out of cable for now. I used solid copper core.

!. Will the DN eq go nuts with that c-band or fss lnb there?
yes it will. Dish equipment only knows how to acknowledge their signals which would be 61.5,72,77,110,119,118.7,129
I know Dish still uses 121 for commercial stuff which is KU but I dont think the LNB in on the DPP LNB will accept it even for a Dish network sub

2. in order for my other receivers to use this , i have to use on of my zinwell 4 way switches, will the DN receiver go nuts on that?
yes it will.
I know i would only be saving one cable , but You never know if you will need it in the future.
I will be trying to use as many bandstacked as possible for this move to conserve cables.

just run another cable...solves all headaches

Status
Please reply by conversation.